Stretch VS. Chainsaw Build-Off!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alright. ill go to the local tube shop an get some skinny tubing or rod stock to make the canti tubes.

Gotten a bit quiet around here again. How is the build coming, Stretch? I saw Chainy's bike sunday, so I know how his is progressing.

Shaggy

i got the whole frame together, an all i needed was to find a frame with a complete 3 piece BB to make a jackshaft(simply weld the sprockets on the shaft). luckly i visited a friend, and he had the back half of a frame he took for tubing. so he said to take it. :D i want to go work on it after browsing here for a bit. ill get pics too. :D

well i did some more work, but was too busy grinding, cutting, and welding to bother with the camera. :roll: i tossed on the front sprocket and got the jackshaft in place, just need to weld it and weld on the back sprockets. i need to devise a plan though, so that at least one of the sprockets will be removable. i was thinking welding on the base part of an arm for a 3 piece crank, where it attaches to the spindle. does anyone know of any 3 piece crank arms made of steel for the modern square spindle?

nevermind. got two steel arms from a friend. thanks anyway. :)

picutres! :D
SANY0104.jpg

i also got Big Red an 'Lil Red back from my friend, so i lined up all the bikes for a shot, in chronological order.
SANY0097.jpg

SANY0100.jpg

SANY0101.jpg

thanks shaggy, but ive noticed that every bike i build doesnt have a normal chain line, its modified in some way. :roll: :lol:

the only sweat i get is when i keep on weldin an my garage gets all hot. :lol:

Got a little busy with all the rides and Ann Arbor. I'll be back to working on it this weekend. It rides pretty good but it has it's quirks. Sorry things keep getting in the way. I'll have it finished by the end of May, if not sooner.

same here. that was my plan. started working on the seat mounts so i can at least sit on it, but need the cantilever tubes to finish it to make it completely solid.

Looking forward to seeing them both finished! I think it would be cool to see them setting side by side.

Shaggy

more update, got some of the seat mount done and got one side of the jackshaft doen, its pretty straight for my third try. :lol:
SANY0112.jpg

SANY0111.jpg

sorry guys for such the slow pace, im trying to pick it up. :D

Stretch, Wow that thing is CRAZY!! It needs some Indian style full covered fenders (in my opinion) to go with the swoopy look of everything. Can't wait to see this finished!

Latest posts

Back