Stretch VS. Chainsaw Build-Off!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least you have an idea how it will ride once you get the B.B. firmly welded. Can't wait to see the finished ride.

Shaggy

Yeah, Hot Pink fading back to fake rust colors.
I plan on riding this in a couple of cancer rides. Biking4Betty is one, Canadian is invasion is imminent! And showing up at some breast cancer fund raisers around Michigan. Also got a couple of other types of fundraisers that I wanna ride, so we'll see. I also want this bike to help represent our hobby, so while I'm out and about anyone that asks can take it for a spin. It will be at most of our rides this year.

I'd like to take it for a spin... This one might also help to inspire what kind of bike i'd like to build.

Shaggy

unique! im trying to find time for my build, so hopefully over spring break ill work on it! :lol:

ha. well ill get the mock up together friday(work all day tomorrow) and show you guys i aint bluffing. :lol:

stretch said:
ha. well ill get the mock up together friday(work all day tomorrow) and show you guys i aint bluffing. :lol:
Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? How 'bout now? How 'bout now? I knew you'd never get that bathtub mounted!! :lol: :lol:

:lol: hey man im a busy guy. heres the progress so far. id get to welding but i had to throw this shot together to show you all what im talking about.
SANY0092.jpg

wow looks great.. are you and chainsaw going to get together and take pics... :?:
yall also need to make a poll when its all said and done.
and remember to use that plunger :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking good Stretch! The chainrings match nicely.

I can't find all the ride pictures that were taken, but here's one of my brother in law (Big Daddy Double).

Thurs4-1-10Aprilfoolsride009.jpg

This was after I welded in the bottom bracket securely. I had to shorten the fork tube and unfortunately towards the end of our ride, we had cracked the tube where I had welded it. It's fixed now and i'm happy with the way the bike rides. It's very fast even with my big butt on it and it turns real fast. I finally named it .... Rat B. Nimble.

I plan on getting the handlebars made and the brake posts welded on this week. We've got rides on Wed. night, Saturday and Sunday. All FreakBike rides. The other nights of the week Gig is gonna wanna ride the Mt. Bikes. Here's my new Mt. Bike.

humpday011.jpg

Nothing fancy but it's just what I needed to help me get back to riding distances. It seems to be helping with the riding of the FreakBikes also.

thanks guys, glad you all like it. i know i do. :D and the 2nd chainring will be attched to a 3rd, another varsity one. i just need to find a frame with a 3 pc. BB and all its guts still attached to weld the sprockets onto so i can have a working jackshaft that wont loosen up on me. an Nickle, if you remember my drawing the plunger head is used as a headlight, and for my mock up, the ride height is determined by a section of the handle. :lol:

an yeah when all is said an done, we'll get together and take pics, talk about the builds, an ride em. :D

Stretch: I like the second chainring as well. Looks like its going to be a sweet bike!

Chainsaw: The bike looks great! Can't wait to see it when its finished!

Shaggy

thanks guys! i do agree, his bike is nice. fork is the coolest part about it. :) but hey, should i put in some cantilever tubes, or just leave them off? thats why i have the cord draped across the bike. what do you guys think?

stretch said:
thanks guys! i do agree, his bike is nice. fork is the coolest part about it. :) but hey, should i put in some cantilever tubes, or just leave them off? thats why i have the cord draped across the bike. what do you guys think?

Personally I would like to see it with cantilever tubes, but either way I think the bike will still be pretty cool. And I agree, I like the fork on Chainy's bike too.

Shaggy

Stretch, what about filling in the area with a fake tank or something. The canti tubes would also help fill the void.

I'll get some pics of the idlers. They're nothing fancy though. The bottom one is bolted in place and the upper is mounted so it can slide up or down to adjust tension. Both are from old commercial walkbehind mowers. They make a real cool sound when your pedaling, from the chain spinning them.

Thanks about the forks! They have given me so many headaches, but I am really happy with them.

Still on the TO DO list .....
back brakes,
custom handlebars, started on them yesterday.
kickstand,
lights,
horn,
also got a couple of cosmetic ideas for the rearend and other parts of the frame!

I've got a stress test tomorrow but then after that it's back to cutting and welding!
Stay tuned

Latest posts

Back