Stretch VS. Chainsaw Build-Off!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Althoug I'm still trying to completely finish the bike, I have made enormous steps towards it's final completion. At this point I wish to appolgize to everyone for taking so long. A lot of things have happened this year to make the bike and other projects be put on hold. Also many of you will notice that the carb and spoon never made it to this bike, but they both are planned for my latest creation. Stretch and I did get a chance to ride together in the July 4th Clawson Parade. Unfortunately his bike wasn't rideable yet. I would still like to someday get both the bikes together for a ride. I've promised this bike to ShaggyEvil so I guess we'll have to drag him along! :mrgreen:

Photobucket has been a real pain lately. So I don't have any pics that I can put up on RRB but you guys can check out the full build here ..... WITH PICTURES! .....
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... 6&start=15

Hope you guys like it. Also many of the Michigan and Ontario members of this board have ridden and taken pictures of the bike, so feel free to post them up!

Also the bike was finally named a few months back ...... Rat B. Nimble

Thanks

hey chainy, im getting close to being done with the fab, i just gotta find the time.

Cool, let me know when we can ride and I'll pick up Shaggy and we'll come down. Things are still kind crazy and I'm not working at all right now, so money is tight. Maybe we could get together in late Sept. or Oct.? Looking forward to seeing your bike and riding with you again.

I did manage to get a finished photo loaded to photobucket but it took at least 45 minutes, so the rest will be on the FBN link posted in an earlier post.

RatBNimble2010010.jpg

looks awesome! seeing that makes me want to finish mine! i can almost see it. :lol:

stretch said:
NLCTVWguy said:
stretch said:
ive got one frame laid out, but i cant cut on it since my dad took his sawzall to work. :roll:

Boy, get in there and do things the old fashioned way! Break out the hacksaw my friend. This is what they mean when they say "it builds character!"

Kids these days! Gettin soft! :)

--Rob
i seriously wouldve, but he took that too. i aint no softy, but i do like the saying, "work smart, not hard" :lol: but when i can, i do work hard, and smart.

Just now hitting this thread, Man you guys are spoiled, In my early days I cut bikes up with a metal file and welded with 2 car batteries, few sets of jumper cables, and a coat-hanger. I know what "MAKE IT WORK" means from years of hard learned experience. Carry on.

oh and you probably walked 10 miles uphill in the snow to do it too. :lol: :p

stretch said:
Nope, I probably walked 10 miles to pick up a free bike though.....lol

outskirtscustoms said:
stretch said:
Nope, I probably walked 10 miles to pick up a free bike though.....lol
ahh ive ridden my bike pretty far with a bike on my shoulders. it was an 80s bmx. luckily it was a chro-mo frame, so it wasnt too heavy :roll:

hey stretch how did you put that bottom bracket together with a cog on each side on you bike your riding in the pictures? i need to do the same thing or figure something else out

well ill let you in on it. on that one, the design is primitive and doesnt work that well. but my jackshaft 2.0 takes a 3 pc BB, and two right crank arms. i cut off the arms so all thats left is the round nub, and weld small cogs onto those. im building one now, ill get some pics for ya. :wink:

stretch said:
well ill let you in on it. on that one, the design is primitive and doesnt work that well. but my jackshaft 2.0 takes a 3 pc BB, and two right crank arms. i cut off the arms so all thats left is the round nub, and weld small cogs onto those. im building one now, ill get some pics for ya. :wink:

pictures would be great! thanks!

Latest posts

Back