Stretch Fatty Schwinn build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a build from a customer i met at a frankenbike swap meet. all he had was a frame, piece of a double springer and a set of 100mm wheels to begin with. Started with a crusty multi layer paint Schwinn a friend of his dug out of a yard. No info on the frame yet...

mock up wheel comparison

spread open

mock up

frame is stretched 3" up front, upper stays pulled and back 4.5" and spread open 3", lower stays stretched 7", rear drop outs moved up 3" and up 4", cranks moved forward 3" and up 1", down tube sectioned and flipped, new bridge, footer for seat tube made, top tube lifted .75" and head tube raked 7 degrees. And a spindle for cranks made of two spindles to make one that is 2.5" wider to offset sprocket for rear wheel.

some fabrication pics... all tubes blended and some other welds.

stays connected and blended before dropout was fitted and welded

split and beveled .25" ant 45 degrees on both halves before welding spindle. used the piece of angle for alignment and fitting to ensure straightness

Mock up pic before final welding and paint stripping with its rollers. 100mm hoops with stainless spoked. sturmney front drum hub and 7spd rear and BOA-G rubber. Used one of my beast forks and stem and made higher front dropouts and made rocker plates. he provided the springer portion, had to cut off spring studs to widen the springer 2.5" and welded the studs back on in their original position. had to open up the hole in the top spring plate for the fork steer tube with a carbide bit. Spring action works great

Sweet work!!

Nice work man !!!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji232]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek:wow awsome build,Love the fork mods......HHhhmmmm will you be making any Extra$$ front springer section [W/out springs ofcourse] to fit 3" tires ...HHmmm???...yes i know i could buy a new springer...but I have a couple of old Monark ones Id love to put fat tires on...etc etc
anyway very cool build

Latest posts

Back