Strait Steal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A hopeless unknown 24" cruiser. Anybody know the make of this one?
24scrap.jpg

Not much progress... Using a rear wheel off a 24" Hiawatha, and the front wheel is something I found at a garage sale a few years ago.
frontwheel.jpg

Musta come off a motorized scooter or something.
ss1.jpg

Now to figure out how to attach that on...

This should be fun!

Ok... back at it. I really want to use the front wheel I found, so I thought of a way to attach it to the frame, like a 'normal' fork. I knew it would be too short as is, so I came up with an idea for an extention. Take a fork pipe and cut it off....
bbo1.jpg

Fit it into a good piece of pipe...
bbo3.jpg

Add the front wheel with it's mini fork...
bbo2.jpg

And I have my extention. I had to trim it down so it wasn't too chopper long. I don't know if I'm gonna keep it this long. I have a hard time looking at it. I found a girls Magna Mtn. bike, minus the wheels, in our dumpster at work, so I salvaged what I could. That's where I got the handlebars. Just pieced it together for inspiration. I have way more to add to it... crank, pedals, guard and such. Sorry for the poor pics.
bbo4.jpg

My wife said it looks like a circus bike. Great. I still have to decide on a color.

Love the fork.
You should make a spiral hot wheel track around it with some cool Hot Wheels glued to it.

Looks really cool! I might would shorten it just enough to make a long kickstand work and it will still look awesome. Very nice custom coming along there!

So I'm trying to decide on what elements I could add to this project, then I find this at a garage sale for $5...
bananarama.jpg

It wasn't one of the things for sale, but like always, when I go to a garage sale, the first thing I do upon entering the garage is look up. I asked the lady running the sale if it was for sale. She said probably not since it's hanging up. I said I can get it down. How much? She replied Oh I don't know... $5?
This could totally change the look of my project.

WOW! That could become your project. You are allowed a frame change if you want.
What an amazing steal!!

I love your avatar by the way!

$5!!!! :shock: I am in shock and awe there. I don't think you could buy a single piece of that bike for 5 bucks. Heck there is a sad Huffy desert or thunder rose at my local goodwill for $5, and the only thing salvagable on the bike is the pink grips, and they still want $5.

Looks like some swapped a new stem on that bad boy too. Is it stamped? Post this thing in fresh finds!

The bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Wow... those bunnies are scary! Anyways, I have the original fork from this frame, but can't use it because it has a bad bend to it, and I had the fork I cut the top off.
forksseperate.jpg

I really didn't want to throw them away, so I cut the top off the other one and bolted them together.
forksunited.jpg

Now you're wondering.. 'Why?' Well, the sissybar on the banana seat from my $5 investment had a crack on one of the boltholes, so I needed a new sissybar, so I'm trying this.
bananafork.jpg

I also got my tank sides cut.
tanksides.jpg

And mounted.
tanksidemounted.jpg

And now I'm gonna crop this rear fender to remove the nice dent.
badfender.jpg

That's it for now.

That is a really slick idea for the sissy bar!!!
Tank is looking good too!
Welcome back!
5+ weeks to go!!

Ok... gettin' down to the wire. Painted and printed the tank sides. I had them mounted, but i wanted them to stand out more.
242.jpg

My 2 fork idea for the sissybar wasn't working well, so I decided to use just the one fork. So I had to come up with a bracket to bolt to the top of the fork to attach the back of the seat.
241.jpg

Hopefully, I'll get the rest done before Monday.

Latest posts

Back