Straight Schwinnister!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
O.K. Pretty obvious what it is, but for the heck of it. 62 Schwinn frame, model unknown, will be able to nail down more when the many layers of paint are stripped off and ser. # becomes ledgible. The gauntlet has been thrown! Later & PEAC
IMG_0290.jpg
E!!!!! :mrgreen:

Slick Rick said:
O.K. Pretty obvious what it is, but for the heck of it. 62 Schwinn frame, model unknown, will be able to nail down more when the many layers of paint are stripped off and ser. # becomes ledgible.

Schwinn made that frame from about 1959 to 1963 couple of the models were Tornado and Skipper

You know what, a lot of people say that, but if you go back and look in the actual Schwinn catalogues you wo'nt find them except for 62. There were a lot of frames similar to this style with the exception being , the double bars come up from the rear drop-outs and end at the seat-post tube. Then another set spans across to the head tube. This frame on the other hand has the double bars contiguously from rear drop-outs to head-tube. check it out you will see what I'm talkling about. Later & PEACE!!! :mrgreen:

Lets get rollin!
IMG_0291.jpg
Yo larry, you home dude?[/img]
IMG_0292.jpg
" I'll put it in the cooker for ya. " Thanks dude!
IMG_0294.jpg
An evil concoction known only to Larry. This will come out tommorrow and rinse squeaky clean! [/img]
IMG_0295.jpg

62 only frame,all the other frames have seperate bars instead of the rear chainstays continuing all the way to the front...

IMG_0292.jpg

Where is this place!! I must move next door. Awesome.

Aaron

Anytime!

Lil' ol East Mesa AZ. Aaron, come on down! You will want to lose that hat though, it was a cool 105 degrees when I snapped those pics. And the noon hour had not yet arrived! Mandybus, Bless you my child for you have TRULY Schwinned! Later & PEACE!!! :mrgreen:

Progress !

O.K. Frame completely void of paint. Wish the same could be said for rust!
IMG_0299.jpg
[/img]

Proress!

Ah, shiney bare metal, a nice sight to see. Ser.# B24868* 2/26/62 no surprise to me really.
IMG_0302.jpg
[/img]

It was a thought!

You are a Jimmy Shine fan I'm guessing. LOL Sun. Mornings are my fishing times. No bites this morning, but the weather was cool and my cigar was fresh so all in all, a good way to start the day. I used a " high build " primer in white to start. This stuff costs a little more but saves lots of time! Therefore worth the extra.
IMG_0304.jpg
[/im
IMG_0305.jpg
g]

Dunno

I really did'nt read enough on the label to see if it would. I'm guessing not as there are other products available that do, and this one was not in that section.Thanks for the thunda from down unda mate! Hope yours goes smoothly as well! Later & PEACE!!!!

More Progress

Purchased this set about a year and a half ago on clearance for $69.95 lets put it together and play ![im
IMG_0306.jpg
g] Here it is ready to rock![/img]
IMG_0307.jpg
Paint mixed, lets fill and shoot![im
IMG_0309.jpg
g
IMG_0312.jpg
][/img]
IMG_0313.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg
IMG_0326.jpg
[/img]

Screwed ud that image display!

Sorry about the way those images displayed. I just havent got it right yet. Still have wheels and base coat touch-up to do yet.The wind was whipping today, so thats all for a while anyway. Later & PEACE!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back