Storage building

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So true. That is funny. :D
My wife really likes the Wizard of Oz. We watch it all the time.
I guess I could make it a Sticky. :roll:

go ahead and make it a sticky!
personally i prefer The Wiz...but to each there own...as for the pink studs...who cares i doubt the bikes/parts do.
so i wouldnt either(well unless you find some purple paint cheap then id start to wonder :p )
nice job :mrgreen:

Thanks Sensor. I really don't plan on going in the storage part much. Its water tight
after the big storm the other day. No leaks. I just needed a place to get that stuff
out of my shop.Every time I turned around I was having to move bike parts. Not now.
So what ever color the studs were really didn't matter. :wink:

i dont care about he pink studs... i was just deflecting the fact I was sticking up for oz .. and the fact
I have it in 2place in my house... :lol:

I'm a Windex man myself. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Man my shop has gotten so big since I have thrown away a bunch and
taken all the bicycle parts out. I can't believe I could even build a frame with
all that junk in the way. I am going to do better to keep it clean. I won't let it
get that way again. :roll: :roll:

Uncle Stretch said:
I am going to do better to keep it clean. I won't let it

Yeah, sure you are.

Sent from my Texas Instruments scientific calculator using all those buttons that nobody ever uses.

yoothgeye said:
Uncle Stretch said:
I am going to do better to keep it clean. I won't let it

Yeah, sure you are.

Sent from my Texas Instruments scientific calculator using all those buttons that nobody ever uses.

O ye of little faith :lol:

Focus in this part:

I can't believe I could even build a frame with
all that junk in the way.

Imagine now that is gone, next one is gonna be easier to build! :wink:

Sent from my Shoe Phone.

Yeah I have made myself a promise. I'm going to build a jig that attaches to the floor
and get one of those cutter things that makes one tube fit another. The one with the
hole saw. :roll:

Maybe one of these

ojj-rtn100_cp.jpg

Tapping my foot while I typed this:

I have to paint my creation now and I hate to paint. Its way down on my
lists of stuff I enjoy doing. We are suppose to get a cold front in the next
few days and I'm hoping it will make the weather bad where I have an excuse
not to paint. :cry: :shock:

Went to Lowe's and had them match my paint on my shop...yeah right! Didn't happen.
was several shades lighter. Not sure why they think they can match paint. I have never
seen it happen. They always say that stupid machine/camera won't match it right...go pick
a paint chip that is close. Anyway going to have to paint the entire shop to get a match.
The new part is painted so thats good. Getting closer to finished. I have cleaned for three days
on the inside. Its not hospital clean , but really looks nice. Kinda going to hate to build in there.
Still need to have my guys tear down a small leantoo at the right that is filled with wood taken from
a house they tore down. Then I can get to that end and jack it up/level my shop. I have cleaned
more in the last week or so than in the last 10 years. Gonna look good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSCF0004_zps4ad4d383.jpg

a day or 2 spent cleaning and organizing will mean month of happy time and easier builds(just remember to sweep up and put everything away before you call it a day or itll creep up on you again before you know it :shock: )in the end.
looks good. ohh and dont feel to bad about the color match...i had one place tell me they couldnt mix black paint(even though they had the card with the code from their store :lol: ) since one was an interior and the code came from a exterior color chip.

sent via smoke signals

Yeah Sensor I am going to have a hard time messing it up again. I would almost stop building
in there. Maybe go back to a wood shop. Its sure easy to use my vacuum to clean up the sawdust.
Who knows . I will finish it up and see where I go from there. :?

You need someone who really knows how to match paint. Between jobs a few years ago I worked at Sherwin Williams and the manager there could match anything perfect, Lowe's has never got close for me, and mostly when I worked there we were matching paint jobs messed up by Lowes.

Send from the future using my special mobile phone on the T.A.R.D.I.S.

I know its hard but I have gotten several places to try to match paint
including an automotive paint place. They never get close. They play
with those camera's and then after a while they hand you the paint
chip books. They tell you the camera won't match the paint. The
surface is too rough. This time I took a smooth brick and they shot
the glass smooth back and couldn't get a match.

Probably my last post on the shed build. I have it painted and looks like due to
the paint not matching , I will have to paint the old part to match. The doors are
shot on the bottom. I put a couple hot patches on till I get new ones. $88 a piece
and you have to order them. Not a big hurry but I will get them. Its turned out good.
I'm happy with it and being all clean in my shop gives me lots of room I didn't have.
Gonna kick back a while till I get rested a bit before I really do much with it. So hope
everybody had fun watching. With new doors it will have cost around $1200 but well worth it.
DSCF0004_zpsb2dccdd3.jpg

Latest posts

Back