Stock Isn't- FINISHED Heritagevillage/downtown pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stock Isn't

yhate7u9.jpg
second guard choice.

O yea Go Rays!!!

Re: Stock Isn't *** Which Guard?***

u2y8u7u2.jpg

Cleaned up the other skirt guard

a4ybudun.jpg

Straightened the tank and filled all the rust pits

vahagyga.jpg

And finally primed all the parts.

Now I have to finish the frame
Wheels
Seat
Lights and wiring
Fenders
Kick/ drop stand
Pedals
Chain/skirt guard for the right side
Plus whatever else I add to the project
Busy few weeks coming up! Should be done in time though :)

Re: Stock Isn't - Progress made!

Ive been waiting to build it since I got it!!! How did you get the chainguard to fit over the sprocket and still fit the chain guard? Smaller sprocket?

Got the hubs Rebuilt last night. Soaking a new chain in gas now, Rebuilding some pedals today as well.

I couldn't get the chain guard to mount and not hit the crank. Ended up moving the front mount in some to clear the crank. Other than that it worked. The sprocket is real close to the guard, if I don't run my chain real tight it bounces and hits. Also couldn't use a front skirt guard to chain guard bolt it would hit. I'm not sure what sprocket is on mine, believe its a girls Elgin.

Nice progress. Good luck with the skirt guard and chaing guard fitting issues. I'm sure you'll figure it out. I like the transition you did with the two.

The girls sprocket explains a lot. Im using a 26 tooth which would be 4 inches greater circumference. It doest hit anymore though I cut out quite a good chunk of it to move it up and then mount to the skirt guard. I still have to move the front mount down but that is pretty simple. Should make some good progress this week. I have to pull a couple tricks out for the fenders, that will be revealed when I do them, if it works.
Got the pedals cleaned up and ready for finish sanding and then paint. Also got the chain cleaned up and oiled down looks better than the last one.
munu8a9a.jpg

7umu6u4u.jpg

Got some more done, haven't had quite enough time but the deadline is quick approaching primer and a complete mock up must be done be the one month mark :/

Anyway, who needs fender braces they just clutter up the look. So I removed them and put the rods I bent inside the fenders. Then welded them in place and used 3m panel bond on them. This gives a solid structural bond the length of the rod and greatly strengthened the fenders. I also welded the front fender to the fork and it became on solid piece. Again welded the rods in place and applied panel bond.

I'm not very good at remembering to take pics in the middle. Once I start working I find it hard to stop until the thought is complete.
Here are the few I took.

ha2y8u3y.jpg

u6yqyma5.jpg

a9anyjut.jpg
vetavaza.jpg

Re: Stock Isn't - Fender Braces???

Got some more done this morning still have to finish up the body work but all the fab is finished. Mocked up minus the bars. Cant make up my mind on them yet. Also found a pair of NOS Torrington 18s that will go on in place of the quill pedals.
uba3ygy6.jpg

y5e5eraz.jpg

Re: Stock Isn't - Mocked up.

Thanks, I also shaved all the nuts/bolts that show on the outside for a nice smooth finish. I Have a couple of color options in mind. The main one is all Black with seafoam green and salmon pin-striping. Was also thinking about Antique white with the same two colors of
pin-striping.

panelman said:
Thanks, I also shaved all the nuts/bolts that show on the outside for a nice smooth finish. I Have a couple of color options in mind. The main one is all Black with seafoam green and salmon pin-striping. Was also thinking about Antique white with the same two colors of
pin-striping.

Both sound good. I think black could make the pinstripes "pop" more.

Got some body work done today running about a week behind. But work has been extra busy recently and can't turn that away for a bike. I'll have to make it up at night I guess. Laid primer on the fork/fender combo, rear fender, chain/skirt guard, and the rack.

vy9umagy.jpg

nu9enyqe.jpg

Re: Stock Isn't - Primer

I have always loved those Elgin front fenders that fit over the fork legs. Stylish as all get out.

Latest posts

Back