Stitch -aka (Spaceliner Newbie) Done- Another Lesson Learned

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spaceliner Newbie!

WAY TO GO!! THAT TANK!! THAT LIGHT!! YOU ARE ONE KWAZY WRATTER!! YOU MIGHT JUST WIN ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!! :mrgreen: NOW DON'T GET A BIG HEAD JUST...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
WAY TO GO!! THAT TANK!! THAT LIGHT!! YOU ARE ONE KWAZY WRATTER!! YOU MIGHT JUST WIN ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!! :mrgreen: NOW DON'T GET A BIG HEAD JUST...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE
Thanks! I didn't like how the paint came out on the frame. I'm going to repaint and then hope to be doing assembly soon.

Diggin the cool ideas that you keep coming up with!!

HMMM. MAYBE A LIGHTER COLOR AND THE TANK WILL STAND OUT?!? :idea: :?: :?:

So the rear carrier I am using is missing a rear tail light reflector. I found a pair of chrome short spike license frame bolts and I thought they would work out until I found something better. I scruffed them up, hit them w/etchng primer and then some gold spray paint I had. I did'nt like the gold and wanted red. So thats when I got real CHEAP and stole my wife's sparkly red finger nail polish.

MrLeghorn said:
So the rear carrier I am using is missing a rear tail light reflector. I found a pair of chrome short spike license frame bolts and I thought they would work out until I found something better. I scruffed them up, hit them w/etchng primer and then some gold spray paint I had. I did'nt like the gold and wanted red. So thats when I got real CHEAP and stole my wife's sparkly red finger nail polish.

Ha! That's awesome! Wait...that's FAB-u-lous!! :mrgreen:

Does it reflect?

noodlenoggin said:
MrLeghorn said:

Ha! That's awesome! Wait...that's FAB-u-lous!! :mrgreen:

Does it reflect?

Probably not going to be reflective! Oh well. But that nail polish sure dried fast.

I really like your color scheme! And the nail polish lights look great!
photobucket-14291-1373242611686_zps3af7eb46.jpg

I had just finished paint on the frame when the old broom stick I was using to hold the frame decide to break and send my frame tumbling into the lawn. I used every cuss word in the book. Ugh! :(

Just a tip, the bottom of those Gatorade bottles can be fitted over the cut off top and make a cool lens to keep dirt and bugs out of the light. Thanks again for the idea.

dragnusa said:
you could use leather cord instead of wire
I was thinking of using wire but the leather cord was a great suggestion! Thanks Dragnusa! This was like lacing up 20 tennis shoes.

I plan to be doing some assembly soon. :)

I like it, all the lacing and copper and the curve of the frame remind me of the old bridges with all the steel cables that hold it all together. Definitely one of my favorite spaceliner builds.

LOVE the laced up tanks!

WAY COOL!!! :shock:

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back