STINX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started this project to make a bike for "SBU" — first custom bicycle show in Ukraine. To win the prize I had to create something different that was never done before. So the main idea was to build bobber with console rear end. First of all I've made sketch with all dimensions:

stinxsketch.jpg

Then in Adobe Illustrator I've made a drawing in scale 1:1 and printed it on a paper:

stinxdraw.jpg

After this I took my steel tubes 36x2mm and bent them with rolling bender. Then tubes was notched, mitered and welded with MIG welder. Main triangle was welded on the table:

stinx1.jpg

stinx2.jpg

stinx3.jpg

Console rear end was also welded on the table and joined to main triangle on the jig:

stinx4.jpg

stinx5.jpg

To paint this bike I've bought IWATA spray gun, primer, clear coat, custom mixed base coat ... but after we joined everything on the jig we've decided to leave it in raw finish. Added few elements to make it look more rat and voila:

stinx6.jpg

stinx7.jpg

Nice to see this kind of talent coming from my old motherland. Great bikes!

I was born and grew up in Odessa, Ukraine. Now, I've been living in California for over 20 years.

Rat Rod said:
Yours should have won first...much cooler than the Shell bike.

I agree with Rat Rod. The only thing I think would make it better is if made your own fork especially with your fabricating skill. Maybe use the existing spring action and make some new fork bars. I think it would give it that final touch. Just my 2 cents, but it does look great as is.

Flame Jigger, I'm totally agree with you. The main problem was the lack of time 'cause we need to organize whole "SBU" festival and fabricate this bike in the same time.

bikesntrikes I'm from Kiev. In Odessa there are our friends — custom bicycle club "Chilly Riders" . And they build nice bikes too.

See you at COTY this year ;)

well done the rear end is great what hub did you use to hold it all up? and i agree if you had done a fork it would have won great bike though it has great flow

Your Bike is beautifull, love to see it from paper to real life :D True Craftsmen!
After my wife and I got married 15yrs ago this month :D ! we set out to the Ukraine to ride our trusted and much loved Dnepr back to the factory :D ! We only had a weeks holiday and all was going well till i took ill in Poland so we had to turn back :(
Now I'm thinking you have given us a reason to make the trip again! We no longer have the Dnepr :( but your cycle scene 'SBU?' looks fantastic! Love the videos :D!
PM me some details and stuff if you dont mind!
Boris.

I never been to FBI, COTY.
I Was into bikes a lot as a kid, but that was just because my dad choose booze over raising and providing.
And it was the only form of transport we could affort, so i had to fix all the bikes.
Always kept a soft spot for bicycles though.
About a year ago i rediscovered the fun about bicycles.
I think its the best thing ever happened to me.
When i finish one of my builds i will try to go.

Latest posts

Back