Sting-ray Junior

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So everything I have found about these bikes is that the frame is just a little smaller and is the same dimensions as the early sting-rays. This was the first old bike I ever bought, which was about 10 years ago. When I got the bike it had a slick on the back (the old and cracked tire blew out mid wheelie), but when I found the wheels that came with this bike they were marked S7. Did they make a slick for the S7 wheels? I thought maybe they only made them for the S2 wheels. Just trying to figure out if I have the right wheels or not. The only thing I'm missing from this bike are the fenders, they probably got thrown away when I rode this thing around in middle school.
So what is one of these things worth now? Just want to make sure I don't do anything stupid to something with even a little value. Also if there was an S7 slick do they make reproductions now, or should I just put an S2 on the back?

Thanks for the info! These are potentially worth more than I thought. I only gave like $30 for this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some nice ones that wouldn't sell for $50+ shipping, others have no problem and I can't explain it. I would guess $100-150 is about average for a nice condition complete junior. One thing I did notice on yours is the little bend on the chainguard, seat looks like it has a bit more fade to it too than the one on the ebay listing.

Yea it looks like the chain guard had some pliers taken to it at one point. I think I'll just find some red line tires for it and let it sit around and look cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,
The Stingray Juniors are pretty cool bikes. They were primarily meant to be for littler kids, but with a full size sissy bar, and a full length chrome seat post they can get just about as tall as a full size Stingray. Of course if you want it for a young kid or smaller teen, it'll be fine. The bike filled the same niche in the lineup as the Lil Chik for the girls, and was equipped with mostly the same parts: short seat post and mid length bars, and the shorter crank with a Lucky 7 sprocket.

They did take the S-7 wheels front and rear, like a Fairlady or Lil Chik. Stingray fronts interchange, and the rear S-7 can fit any of the original Schwinn tires like a Westwind, white-line Deluxe tire (as on Bantams) or Gripper Slik. There is a rare accessory S-7 Slik, a real, no-tread Slik, that was made by the original companies. I had one. I ended up trading it to get some other Stingray parts, and I wish I had kept it, because it's pretty unusual. Almost all of these came with Gripper Sliks.

I have a couple in different condition if you're looking for one.

--Rob

Latest posts

Back