Still looking for John Deer motorcycle info/pics.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still looking for info about a John Deer motorcycle. I'm almost sure it was an advertising gimmick from the late 20's or early 30's. It looked a lot like an Excelsior or a Cleveland 4 cylinder. It was a 4 cylinder in line - from front to back - it was a shaft drive bike - with straight bevel gears on the rear wheel. It had the same colors as a John Deer tractor - leaf green and road sign yellow. It was truly a super-bike of the era - it was a racer - flat track or dirt track styled.

There was always one of these motorcycles parked outside of a John Deer dealership on 159th Street near Bell Road in Lockport Illinois - until maybe 10 years ago. Now it looks like the dealership is a combined dealer - selling all brands - and I don't know if anyone would even remember it or even know anything about it.

Can anyone come up with anything about this motorcycle - it would be nice to know if it was truly a John Deer motorcycle or if it were a Cleveland or Excelsior manufactured machine.

Anyway - big thanks for any help in I.D.ing this rare powered 2 wheeler.

If one did exist I'd speculate it was built by a dealer for advertisement, rather than coming from the factory. Somebody somewhere has got to have pictures of this bike.

Found this one on the interwebs. I don't speak Spanish and IE wouldn't translate the page.
http://triciclosyaca.blogspot.com/2010/05/john-deere-motorcycle.html

210198_JohnDeereBike.jpg

Good luck on your hunt!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back