STEWART'S cycle truck FINISHED PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I guess I'll try to start and get this schwinn done for the build off. No fancy name or even a clue of what to do with it yet. I guess I'll keep it simple, just have fun. Before pic:
PICT3868.jpg

Re: No name- lame build

OK, here are my plans so far. Threw on some crusty old torrington bars, a chainguard I got from Crassly, and a 20incher up front with a sting ray fender. HOT ROD CYCLE TRUCK! I plan on putting a 24inch on back with a 3inch wide tire, and building the front basket from scratch.

bikes-1.jpg

Re: No name- cycle truck

A quick dootle of my plans- white or cream frame,bars, and basket(solid sheetmetal,not grocery cart type) and fenders. Black wheels and tires, tan cork grips and tan seat. Minimal chrome (stem, crank, and sprocket) Still don't know what kind of paint or lettering to do on basket, maybe some kind of rootbeer or soda. I'll post updated pics this weekend.

bikes-2.jpg

Re: No name- cycle truck

necessaryevil said:
A quick dootle of my plans- white or cream frame,bars, and basket(solid sheetmetal,not grocery cart type) and fenders. Black wheels and tires, tan cork grips and tan seat. Minimal chrome (stem, crank, and sprocket) Still don't know what kind of paint or lettering to do on basket, maybe some kind of rootbeer or soda. I'll post updated pics this weekend.

bikes-2.jpg
hmmmmmmmmmmm.... im guessing im not the only one without photo shop :wink:
great idea on making it a cycletruck!

Re: No name- cycle truck PROGRESS

Me and Rusty513 had a sand,prep, and paint party over the weekend. Got everything scuffed down and painted flat off-white. Now I'm just waiting on parts and trying to scroung up sheetmetal for the front box. Still can't think of a darn name for this bike :x

bikes003-2.jpg

bikes001-2.jpg

Got my tire today so I mocked it up with the original fender that I bobbed. I'm completely surprised it all fit so well.
bikes002-2.jpg

the white is nice :D that colors been growin on me lately, fender and tire look meaty too !!!

Re: No name- cycle truck UPDATE 6/17

Finally started the assembly, just seeing how everything will look. Painted the headbadge a weatherd flat black, mocked up the chainguard, wheels are just for reference, final wheels will be satin black with fat front tire to match the back. Waiting for my tan seat still. Oh, yeah I guess it needs a front basket too!
Better get started on that. I'm thinking a wood box, with a bottom frame made of small angle iron. The box will turn with the bars instead of being stationary like a real cycle truck.

bikes002-4.jpg

bikes001-5.jpg

THAT is lookin real nice! Fender and tire combo looks "perfect"!

looks good that color with the black! and good call on leaving the dings in the chain guard ........ive heard that scratches and dings are this years hottest accessories :mrgreen:

I'm loving this build!

I have a couple questions for you. What kind of rear tire is that? Also, was that bike a 26x1.75 tire originally? Lastly, how do you prep chrome for painting?

Dan

Danimal said:
I'm loving this build!

I have a couple questions for you. What kind of rear tire is that? Also, was that bike a 26x1.75 tire originally? Lastly, how do you prep chrome for painting?

Dan
Yes, the bike originally had 26x1and3/4 tires, the back is now a 24inch wheel with a 24x3inch tire(made by Kenda) To prep chrome I use 80 grit sand paper and usually a power sander,I try to get it to bare metal.Then I hand sand it with something finer, wipe it down with finger nail polish remover, and then put it in primer.

have you fully inflated that tire? in both pics it looks low or flat. those 24x3 tires really balloon out i am supprised as well they fit but more power too ya brother it looks awsome

The second pic of the tire is fully inflated, I'm shocked myself, but it barely fits. If my rim was untrue at all it would be rubbing off paint!

i like the color. i like the cork grips.

looking forward to seeing it done.

Re: No name- cycle truck UPDATE 6/24

Finally got my back wheel and put front and back in satin black paint. Waiting on front basket before I mount the fender. My ebay bought seat looks and feels good. This thing rides kinda goofy right now, I can only imagine it with the front basket loaded with ice and pop!

bikes001-6.jpg

bikes003-4.jpg

Latest posts

Back