Steed John Steed It's Done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here it is will add more comments later
IMG_6538_zps4b8ef3b2.jpg

Here's the build thread
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/steed-john-steed-its-done.83362/

IMG_0139_zpsd208a1b5.jpg

IMG_0133_zpsc9496ac0.jpg

IMG_0136_zpsfb310fc1.jpg

IMG_6495_zps012065b2.jpg

IMG_6497_zps8c90286c.jpg

IMG_6493_zpsdc956f13.jpg

Here's a list of whats in it for parts an such
Frame is a 40s 50s Royal Flyer from what I can find made in England sand blasted and painted
by me with modern sealed bearing bottom bracket it was threaded and did not need to be converted also has modern aluminium cranks with old rat trap pedals that I rebuilt.
Also has black darts painted on the tubes at the front of the bike but I can't seem to get a good picture of them should have outlined them in silver and still might.

Monarch Springer fork sitting on loose bearings in cups .
I used a converter and BMX stem that I stripped the powder coat off of and hand polished .
The bars are from a Felt Bike with Trek grips
Headlight and tail light are old British Bemo with LED bulbs from reflectalite.com

Lucky 7 seat post is original bike part seat is a US. made high quality repop

Back rack is made out of old sissy bars that I sand blasted smooth and painted
and acorn nuts on all thread

My 1 doodad the trunk is a Louis XIII Cognac box that I gutted and painted black
Then i fabbed up some mounting hardware for it .

Kickstand I have no Idea what kind it is but I think it's cool and would like to find another .

Wheels are I believe 1940s CCM rims size 26x2x13/4 in awesome condition with a rebuilt Sachs Torpedo 2 speed kickback hub in the rear and a sealed bearing high flange hub in the front.
Built by Fred at Dutch Cycle and will spin forever.
Tires are Good year style repops tubes have old school metal threaded stems with Hand Grenade
valve caps.

There are some close up pics of some of the parts like the wheels and handle bars in the build thread .

This bike is very solid comfortable and rides like a new bike .
I am looking forward to putting a lot of miles on it

Last edited:
cool fork nice color great job

That paint job is like candy!
Super classy build!

Thanks you guys for all your comments lots of really nice bikes in this build off voting will be tough I have quite a few favourites .
I have added a parts list to show what some of the parts were that I used in case anyone is interested .

Cheers B

Latest posts

Back