STEAM BOY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Way back in May, I dipped my little toe ... foot, into the ring of the "Build Off" for the first time. I knew from the start, that I was going up against some tough competition of the veteran builders here. Armed with a hack saw, a box of tools, plumbing tools and a soldering iron, I went at it. Started out with this ten-dollar bike the wife picked up at a garage sale.
RRBBO_01.jpg

Next, to pick a theme. "Steam Punk," creations have always caught my eye, so, why not give it a try, had all this plumbing junk laying around any way. The last two weeks, was burning the midnight oil, as I suspect a lot of other builders were doing. It was a hoot to take part in this build off and seeing the other bikes take shape over the months. So, without any further ado, here is the "STEAMBOY."
PLUS: A walk-around video, includes an illuminated shot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGsZaoiSaU
steamboy_08.jpg

steamboy_04.jpg

steamboy_02.jpg

steamboy_03.jpg

steamboy_07.jpg

steamboy_01.jpg

That is one cool piece of rolling doodaddyness!!!!
Bravo!
congRATs!!!

Yeah that is a cool transformation of Mtn bike to industrial RAttiness !! Nice work on the details

dogdart said:
I like it , I think there's just enough do-dads too look C 8) 8) L , yet still be something to actually ride :D
Oh, I have been riding it. When I stop at the lights, I pretend to fiddle with the knobs and such, gets looks from the cagers.

Great use of a MTB..I like how you made something modern look antique!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Very unique and original ideas on your build. A really cool facelift and transformation from the original intention of the bike!

Latest posts

Back