!st BlackTop National car show...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend the 1st of what hopefully will be come an annual event, was held here in downtown Wichita, Kansas. A three day event that Ford was the major sponsor, that included the car and motorcycle show (100s and 100s of cool cars) , a couple of cruize nights with lots of screaming tires and motors and burning rubber, an autocross, Fords pro drivers gave rides in a new Shelby Mustang around a parking lot course ( they burned the tires off it at least once, but put new tires on it and did it somemore)and gave rides in a new Ford Raptor truck on a dirt course with a jump, a krackel fest (loud pipes contest), car auction (Spanky from Barret-Jackson was the auctioneer), vendors, automotive art show, etc. And over 100,000 people according to our vice mayor. I was down there Saturday (the biggest day of the show ) and today (the number of cars and people was alot less). Today I took the camera, so I took some pics. Yesterday there were many cool custom and rat bikes being ridden around, today there were still a few cool bikes around.
I rode the Alumasled today, here it is with cool sedan.
068.jpg

033.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

057-1.jpg

And now a few of the uncommon cars
the new Boss 302
064.jpg

This is not your momma's Rambler, OK, AMC AMX
030.jpg

A real Shelby R model (R means race), this one is the first R model sold to the public.
059.jpg

A Hudson pickup pulling an old sprint car
056.jpg

A Divco milk truck
036.jpg

a 41 Willis gasser
028.jpg

055-1.jpg

a real 289 Cobra the 53rd Cobra built
023.jpg

Fords nightmare the Edsel
026.jpg

And there were hundreds of cool hot rods, customs, and muscle cars.
This event was not the normal car show and made for a fun weekend in Wichita.....especially if your were cruzin around on a cool bike.

That is a true amx, most are just javalins with the amx option, that one looks like a '69 or '70. Very very cool.

some of those bikes are wild, thanks for all the cool pics.

Latest posts

Back