springer fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.
I wonder over the production of small series springer forks.
Motorcycle-style, high quality made ​​from aircraft aluminum with machine tools,I wonder how much real demand for such exclusive products,I was, would be very grateful if anyone who is interested in this kind of fork configured presumable price he is willing to pay for it :wink:
Advance reservation, that the fact that I found on the Internet, these forks are just terrible execution cost between $ 500 and above :cry:
I want to offer similar may be slightly higher price category but a completely different design and quality,the question whether there is a demand :?:

I look forward to your opinions :wink:

Theres not really that high of a demand for those type of forks, unless you are going for the motorcycle crowd. The most expensive fork going around right now is the choppers us springer. That runs about 300. In this niche market not many are willing to drop a half a grand on a fork when they can build a complete bike for under that. Add to that fact that many of us have to sell off bikes to fund others shows just how bad the economy is right.

LarzBahrs said:
Theres not really that high of a demand for those type of forks, unless you are going for the motorcycle crowd. The most expensive fork going around right now is the choppers us springer. That runs about 300. In this niche market not many are willing to drop a half a grand on a fork when they can build a complete bike for under that. Add to that fact that many of us have to sell off bikes to fund others shows just how bad the economy is right.
You'll excuse me,what you mean by motorcycle crowd :?:
Please lay out photos of what you mean it will be clearer to me.
With respect and thanks for the answer :wink:

I mean that's a fork
0000-Bikers-Choice-Black-Springer-Forks.jpg

LarzBahrs said:
http://www.choppersus.com/store/product/222/ForkKit-Springer-Chrm-1-1-8/

This is the most expensive fork ive seen. The one you show is made for a motorcycle i believe from the wheel width etc. The motorcycle crowd I refer to refers to people building and riding motorcycles.
That's what I'm talking about, it's a solid horror :cry:
Here is a more expensive fork but it has a good top and bottom just awful
http://classic-cycle.de/en/Forks-and-Pa ... -Fork.html
Especially with all the forks for bicycles is another drawback, they have only two triple-tree rather than three as would be desirable for a better look :cry:
I think on a fork with three triple trees and many more visual and technical differences from what is now on the market,such as bearings and not simply screws into moving mechanism, aluminum instead of Chinese tin and more :wink:

There is a market for what is currently available. If you want to create next level forks, than make them. And when there is a market for them they too will be sold. Personally I wouldn't drop $500+ on a fork for any of my cruisers. The reason is because I would prefer to make it myself. As would most people on this forum.

Spincycle said:
There is a market for what is currently available. If you want to create next level forks, than make them. And when there is a market for them they too will be sold. Personally I wouldn't drop $500+ on a fork for any of my cruisers. The reason is because I would prefer to make it myself. As would most people on this forum.
A good and honest answer.
That's why I started this thread to find out the preferences in this forum, you will agree that the true lovers gathered here :wink:
And so, as not everyone has the tools and knowledge to make the fork on its own?
Here are a lot of real experts, I even said to artists in their field, I just offer my services in the area in which I understand :mrgreen:
Especially since so far it's at the stage of the statistical survey :mrgreen:

Its kind of like the time when billet wheels were being sold, very few buyers. the demand just wasn't there. No more spinners either.

As for forks, most of the big dollar guys will choose to make there own unique forks to match there unique custom made frames. The ChoppersUS forks continue to be sold but they are probably at the limit to what people will pay. Similar to the metropolis fork which I think was made by Nirve. I think fabricators want to experiment and make their own parts, especially if its going to cost bigger bucks. I wrote to John Brain from bike rod and kustom last week and he said he was doing a classic girder project for the next issue, but he said it wasn't going to be a do it yourself thing, more of a general information article, cause of the complexity and cost involved.

The reality is that people tend to limit their budgets pretty tight. Thats been the trend for a long time. Even the lowrider guys stuck to cheap krate type forks, or they made their own. I just think thats the reality in custom bike building.

Dorian

There was a springer fork sold a long time ago that had a bolt on spring mount plate seperate from the triple trees, it was made by Warlords Custom Cycle here in the U.S. a motorcycle shop, but they never sold more than a handful, too much money, 800 bucks I think. Nice fork, no market!

Dorian

Thanks Dorian :mrgreen:
Thanks for the detailed answer,I understand that the repulsive factor here is the price, but a good fork for a penny.......
The cheaper the lower the detailing, the quality of the springs, the design and execution :cry:
That's what people buy and with a couple of shops broth...

When someone else makes your fork you are paying for the labor that they put into making it (not to mention the profit aspect). People who want to spend the big money often do have access to machine work to get it done. I don't agree that doing it yourself makes for an outcome that is less desirable or inferior than buying off the shelf. If you save lots of money by doing something with your own labor then the money you save can go into those other things you mentioned. I think Rat-Rodders tend to be do-it-yourselfers, with an eye to making something unique with their own hands :wink: .

Dorian

I know that many people prefer to do everything with your hands, I am the same, just sometimes, you can save a cloud of nerves and time by purchasing ready-made 8)
For example, if at the time of the birth of my ideas was a suitable fork for my chopper I have bought it instead of doing it from scratch :wink:
And since there was no suitable fork. then I decided to it do myself,Of course, my fork is too radical, and it costs far more than 1000 dollar but this is just an example :roll:
gallery_4583_963_24444.jpg

ilia-45 said:
iven said:
dude, you should build me a springer fork.. :idea: :D
I am happy to make you even an exclusive one, the question of whether you are ready to pay for quality goods :wink:
Well i wouldn't mind paying good money for you to build me a nice fork, the problem is i dont always have money to spend, my only income is bike sales..
see i dont need anything near what you built there for your self, that would be By faaarrr Overkill for the bike i want a springer for..
314881_364863570251468_1678384301_n.jpg

i want to run a 16 or maybe a 20 in the front. but long enough for a 16in.. you know like 70s chopper springer like.. :D
prob around 3ft or longer i think.. ill have to draft up some ideas.. probably want a 45* rake to it.. 'just an estimate'
what you material you make it out of.. aluminum..

acutally if you did it with the clamp design you did you could just adjust the legs huh :lol:
just throw in some longer fork legs.. the hard part would be the springer legs, how to adjust them? :?

Here is a photo of a springer fork that was on another forum site a long time ago, not too big or bulky and it has those classic looks. This was not a production fork but I think it would be perfect for a bicycle chopper. And I'm sure it didn't cost a lot to make, I could probably find out. i think I posted this photo before on this site.

BrainSpringerforksonPowderKegbike20.jpg

Latest posts

Back