SPITFIRE "Airborn, we kill for peace"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
started to get the layout for my scratch built frame together and collect a few bits and pieces
20120626_074234.jpg

got into a well equiped shopped to do some rolls and bends to get so far
20120711_153116.jpg

20120719_210509.jpg

got some fat shoes with a 3 speed hub, suicide shifter and a wide tractor seat should be getting in to do some more soon

Good start . That tubing bent one way and then the opposite on the bottom of your frame
is what I have the most trouble producing. What did you use to bend it?

Uncle stretch, it looks like it might have been cut, theres a slight black mark right at the bend. It could just be a marker line to :lol:

used a mandrel bender very helpful when you have access to machinery of that sort. will keep posting progressive pics when i get more achieved

Yeah my bender will deform a tube at the end when you bend it. If I get that
bend I have to two piece it. I wish I had that machine....you lucky dog!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I tried several companies that bend tubing and they say silly stuff ....like $150 per bend.
I would rather two piece them. I found Lowe's sells a prebent 1 1/4'' 90 that works perfect. I can bend
the other part. With a short piece inside and welded they come out really nice.

wow thats alot. not sure anyone would pay that per bend. i know some places get cheaper the more bends you get but not 150

Started my first build from scratch yesterday, with my conduit bender... that led to using a new bending system I had never used before, very cheap.. I´ll let you know soon :D

Bike is going great by the way! :wink:

Latest posts

Back