Speed Cult HD sprockets.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into the guys from Speed Cult at the Saline antique bike show and suggested that they start making sprockets. Well, I just got back from the Sins of Steel show here in Michigan and they are now making HD replica sprockets. They were $12 at the show. Unfortunately a skiptooth chain doesn't quite fit. With a little filling I think I might get it to work. They would make nice wall art or maybe make a clock! They may also cut some Yale sprockets using a original I scanned for them. If anybody has a rare sprocket (Indian?) that is also motorcycle related let Tim know. He is looking for more to replicate.
Contact them at http://www.speedcult.com/index.html
Harleybicycle.jpg

Yalesprocket.jpg

Harleysprocket.jpg

Is he cutting them on a waterjet? If so he should be able to get better tooth definition so you could use them. Lot of time on the machine for wall art :roll:

Just my .02

Joe

There is a whole lot more to cutting tooth profiles than having a plasma cutter or a water jet. This involves quite a bit of calculus and trigonometry. I have done all the math for 1/2 pitch, 11-tooth to 70-tooth but I can not find the data for inch pitch which is not really inch pitch at all, it is something entirely its own.

Latest posts

Back