spaceliner and a surprise

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i recently got this spaceliner, i think i may just leave it as is because i kind of like how beat up it is, plus my funds are a bit low :p
space01.jpg

I took the spaceliner to the shop though to pick up some parts like a chain for the bike and what not and I noticed an Orange krate....unfortunately it was someone elses just there to get repaired, the owner of the shop though after seeing i was interested let me peak in the back of the shop at this little beauty

stingray01.jpg

I think its a Schwinn Stingray Fastback...i'm not positive, I doubt its a junior and the wheels at 20" S7s and the serial is EC5586 he sold it to me for 60 bucks which seems like a decent price he also through in an extra front wheel that has a drum brake on it. Not too keen on the baby blue paint but nothing steel wool wont fix, there are some chips on the paint and i'm pretty positive it was originaly coppertone.

Nice 1968 Stingray! What bike shop is that? I'm in Valdosta and dont see a thing!

CCR said:
nice , and you should leave the spaceliner as is IMO, aged looks good on that bike.
yea i'm not messing with the spaceliner any more as long as it is ridable i love how beat up it is, the light works too(sometimes) which puts a big grin on my face :D

as for the sting ray i got it from Recycle Bicycles here in Gainesville, Florida they are usually good for a find or two

Just clean up the Spaceliner & regrease the bearings for a great rider. That looks like a Stingray Junior to me that you brought home. Should be a nice project.

yea the spaceliner is up and running and man it does fly, kind of surprised me at first!

I thought the stingray might be a junior, but i didnt think they made those until the 70s? and the wheel size for the juniors are 16" right?? the ones on mine are 20", i could make out on the chaingaurd that it said Stingray and that was it, the decal was pretty much gone

Stingray Midgets use a 16" wheel. They came out with a longer frame for the Stingray in mid 1965 and made the smaller & older frame the Junior that year. The word junior would be in the dash between Schwinn & Stingray on the chainguard.

wow thanks for all the info!
the only part of the decal that i noticed was the faint outline of "stingray" the rest had been rubbed off. I'll measure the chain gaurd bolts though!
I would be kind of sad if it was a junior but as long as i can ride it then i will be happy :D

Latest posts

Back