SouthEast (GA-based) Swap Meet set! MARCH 3rd *New Name*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hello RRB'rs!! >>> The DATE is set -- Saturday MARCH 3rd -- NEW NAME !
This is our 3rd Event here at the DragWay!! --- Now In our 2nd Year--
Time for a New Name (fitting for a Dragstrip Location) >>>>>>>> "PEDAL to the METAL" :D:cool:
Same March weekend as Last Year when we had our inaugural Swap and attracted over 40+ Bicycle Vendors!!
Mark your calendars........ It's ONLY 7 weeks away! (1 month after the Charlotte Hurricane Coasters Event --
and 4 weeks ahead of Get-A-Grip Event in Cleveland TN)
The SouthEast gets 3 HUGE Events back-to-back-to-back....ALL 4 weeks apart... over the next 3 months
Hope to see YOU there!! Cheers!! CCR Dave

flyer.jpg

Hello RRB'rs!! >>> The DATE is set -- Saturday MARCH 3rd -- NEW NAME !
This is our 3rd Event here at the DragWay!! --- Now In our 2nd Year--
Time for a New Name (fitting for a Dragstrip Location) >>>>>>>> "PEDAL to the METAL" :D:cool:
Same March weekend as Last Year when we had our inaugural Swap and attracted over 40+ Bicycle Vendors!!
Mark your calendars........ It's ONLY 7 weeks away! (1 month after the Charlotte Hurricane Coasters Event --
and 4 weeks ahead of Get-A-Grip Event in Cleveland TN)
The SouthEast gets 3 HUGE Events back-to-back-to-back....ALL 4 weeks apart... over the next 3 months
Hope to see YOU there!! Cheers!! CCR Dave

View attachment 68813

Thank you RRB staff for fixing the Flyer "orientation" !!
Cheers! CCR Dave

I hope you all are getting your Swap Meet goodies lined-up for the multiple SE US Events coming up very soon!!
Charlotte NC is ONLY 3 weeks away ...... then THIS Event in Commerce GA ....... then 3 weeks after that, it's Get-A-Grip in Cleveland TN !!
I've been to all of these in the past couple years..... and they are ALL worth coming to! See you there! Cheers! CCR Dave

If you are into old bikes, This show on March 3, 2018 at the drag strip, will be the one. Last year it had more old bicycles than I had seen in a bicycle museum. I picked up my Schwinn Deluxe there last year. Look forward to seeing everyone there!
1 2018 - Copy.JPG

Dave, sorry but I’m gonna miss this one, it’s the Mrs. birthday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blindfold her, throw her in the truck, drive to Commerce, unload your stuff and set-up, un-blinfold her and yell SUPRISE!! :inlove: It's a gift she will never forget:nerd::heart:

Oh...that would NOT work at all! Besides, it’s the first ‘anniversary’ of her 49th birthday (a.k.a. 50). Gotta do something ‘big’, that’s not a swap meet...

I'm just kiddin with ya. Every day is a good day, some are better than others, especially Birthdays! Ya'll have fun:thumbsup:

Oh...that would NOT work at all! Besides, it’s the first ‘anniversary’ of her 49th birthday (a.k.a. 50). Gotta do something ‘big’, that’s not a swap meet...

I guess a Romantic 1/4 mile stroll down the dragstrip in a horse drawn carriage wouldn't work either ??;) ...... Hmmmmm........ and a "Cruise" in Commerce usually only involves a Hot Rod:39: .........
Dang..... I guess we'll just need to catch up in Charlotte on 2/03 or in Cleveland, TN on 3/24. Have a great time celebrating her 49 v.2 Birthday! Cheers! CCR Dave

In one of Charlie Daniels famous Hit songs ....... he sings: "The South is Gonna do it again"!
In this case...... the South IS Doing IT!! >>> putting-on 3 GREAT Swap Meets in an 8-Week span!!
Starting with Charlotte, NC's Hurricane Show & Swap Meet on SAT. FEB. 3rd.....
Then THIS Commerce, GA "PEDAL to the METAL" Swap Meet SAT. MARCH 3rd.....
Followed by the "GET-A-GRIP" in Cleveland, TN -- 3 weeks AFTER the "Pedal to the Metal" Swap meet.....
I hope you all are getting your Swap Meet goodies lined-up for the multiple SE US Events coming up very soon!!
Charlotte NC is ONLY 2 weeks away ...... then THIS Event in Commerce GA (4 weeks later) ....... then 3 weeks after that, it's Get-A-Grip in Cleveland TN !!
I've been to all of these in the past couple years..... and they are ALL worth coming to!
Hope to See you there! ******* Cheers! CCR Dave

Only 4 weeks away !!!
I spoke to quite a bunch of folks today, who I saw at the Hurricane Coasters Show & Swap meet earlier today..... and passed out flyers for this Swap Meet.
It sounds like a good number of folks from the Carolinas will be heading to Commerce, GA! That's GREAT news!
Mark your calendars! Hope to see YOU here on March 3rd! Cheers!! CCR Dave

Another week closer! I hope those Carolinia'ns come south and bring some of those left over goodies that didn't sell at the Charlotte show,( hint hint ):nerd:, and, I hope those from Tennessee will come as well so we can return the favor at the Get a Grip Show!:thumbsup:

Old Skool BMX Fans and Early Daze MTB/Klunkers Fans should be happy about this Post!!
I've been in contact over the last few days with calls or in-person conversations with a number of folks inquiring about coming to sell and/or coming to buy in these categories .......
I have CL ads in surrounding markets for this Pedal to the Metal Event. And from those ads I've been contacted by MOMBAT's Sam Archer who could possibly be bringing a truck and trailer down from Statesville, NC. The Musuem of Mountain Bikes is thinning out some excess Early MTB and other relics that don't quite fit into their Museum known as MOMBAT. I talked with the guys from Charlotte area's CYCO Inc. who specialize in Muscle Bikes and Old Skool BMX.
I met with Justin of Pork Chop BMX in Cartersville, GA today ..... and while it's doubtful they will set-up to sell .....they may make a trip to buy some Old Skool BMX goodies. The Western NC area along with Charlotte area seems to be coming on strong with the relatively easy 2 1/2 - 3hr trip to Commerce.
I've been getting a number of callers from those areas planning to be here.
My gut feeling is this Event should surpass the consistent 40+ Vintage Bike Vendors this March!
I know that TN and ALA and SC will be represented here, as well ....... I hope YOU are making plans to be here!
Plenty of Motels at exit # 149 at I-85 to stay just minutes away for the Very Early Sat morning start.
It's getting CLOSE! I feel the FUN in the air! ......... Cheers! CCR Dave ............(Picture Below taken at the March 2017 Event here)
SWAP MARCH SKYWAY 2.jpg

ONLY 1 WEEK AWAY!!
******* Here is the Weather Forecast as of today for next Saturday!! (Old Man Winter is Smiling Down on us for next Saturday!! >>> (see below)
I've been hearing from a number of folks who are getting things together THIS weekend, to be ready for NEXT weekend... VERY Exciting!!
Hope to see YOU there!! Cheers! CCR Dave (stay tuned for an aerial PARKING MAP for those coming for the 1st time)
WEATHER MARCH 3 '18.png

PARKING MAP and WEATHER UPDATE!! >>>> (SUNNY :cool: and Mid-60's HIGH temp after an Upper 30's early morning start)--
( 0% chance of Rain !!)
If you are coming for the 1st time ....... please take a close look at this parking aerial map >>>
The 6AM early-bird Gate ($30.00) will have you approach from the Bottom-Right on this MAP
The 7AM Gate ($20.00) will have you approach from the Upper-Left on this MAP below
Please proceed to LANES 1 and 2 (note: LANE 1 borders the Grassy
VINTAGE MAP PARKING AERIAL.png
Area) and we will ALL be Set-Up on the Black-Top
Normally these 2 lanes (Double-Sided) accommodates about 40-50 Vendors (OVERFLOW will spill into "Lane 3")
PLEASE NOTE!! This early time of the Year for the Event means the PLUMBING at the Track has NOT been turned on yet (PORT-A-POTTYS will be here!)
There will be a FOOD & DRINK Kiosk at the FAR EAST location on the map >>>>
(on this MAP .... it would be at the BOTTOM-- not far from the EARLY-Bird 6AM entrance Gate)
See you HERE!! It's Gonna Be Great !! CCR Dave

Planning on being there with a couple of bikes and bunches of parts. I’ll be an early bird since I’ll be leaving Sat AM from Pickens SC, hour and a half away. See you there, Dave!!
Glad to have you coming down from Pickens!
Is this your 1st time here ??
Let me know if there are any questions you have ...... I've tried to include every detail, but maybe not ?? Safe travels! CCR Dave

I've just added an "Upper Level" for Vintage Bikes traveling to Swap Meets on Old Kermit !! Got the Idea from Jethro of the Beverly Hillbillys
:21::crazy2: Gettin' Crazy excited.......hearing from a BUNCH of NEW folks heading here this Saturday! I believe we're gonna have 50+ Vendors AND Many more "Shoppers" too! Cheers! CCR Dave
VINTAGE ROOF RACK BIKES.jpg

Old Skool BMX Fans and Early Daze MTB/Klunkers Fans should be happy about this Post!!
I've been in contact over the last few days with calls or in-person conversations with a number of folks inquiring about coming to sell and/or coming to buy in these categories .......
I have CL ads in surrounding markets for this Pedal to the Metal Event. And from those ads I've been contacted by MOMBAT's Sam Archer who could possibly be bringing a truck and trailer down from Statesville, NC. The Musuem of Mountain Bikes is thinning out some excess Early MTB and other relics that don't quite fit into their Museum known as MOMBAT. I talked with the guys from Charlotte area's CYCO Inc. who specialize in Muscle Bikes and Old Skool BMX.
I met with Justin of Pork Chop BMX in Cartersville, GA today ..... and while it's doubtful they will set-up to sell .....they may make a trip to buy some Old Skool BMX goodies. The Western NC area along with Charlotte area seems to be coming on strong with the relatively easy 2 1/2 - 3hr trip to Commerce.
I've been getting a number of callers from those areas planning to be here.
My gut feeling is this Event should surpass the consistent 40+ Vintage Bike Vendors this March!
I know that TN and ALA and SC will be represented here, as well ....... I hope YOU are making plans to be here!
Plenty of Motels at exit # 149 at I-85 to stay just minutes away for the Very Early Sat morning start.
It's getting CLOSE! I feel the FUN in the air! ......... Cheers! CCR Dave ............(Picture Below taken at the March 2017 Event here)View attachment 70970
I spoke today with Sam Archer who's family owns MOMBAT (Museum of Mountain Bike Art and Technology) and there will be 2 of them coming down to the Swap Meet from Statesville, NC !! Bringing some extra Bikes and Signs, etc. that didn't make it into the Museum!!
Great Stuff !! I'm looking forward to meeting these folks for sure! Cheers! CCR Dave

Latest posts

Back