Sort of virtual classic bicycle 31 day race

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have Strava. I can’t get it to work so I use map my ride or a cyclometer if the bike has one.

I've never used MapMyRide. I just use one of my Garmin devices and have everything linked digitally. One upload updates them all

Strava (can just use my phone with location enabled in a pinch)
Garmin Connect
Relive
My Fitness Pal

@us56456712
Are the most current rules in the original post?

Do I post my start date in this thread and then keep track of my 31 day mileage...
How often and where do I post my results?

I want to know if there is any sort of minimum mileage, whether it be per bike or per day.

Thanks

January 1 is the new end date. I forgot about the southern heat. My ride today was in the 50 s F and raining.

July 21 I rode 32 miles on the Paramount. No bonus points as I used the Paramount yesterday. Total points 126. I’m starting on my road bikes but will soon switch to cruisers, klunkers, antiques, mountain bikes and fixed gear. Distances will be a lot harder.
July 22, I rode my 70s Peugeot 25.29 miles in rain with temps in the Fifties again. The plan was for 50 miles but 11 miles into the ride my seat came loose. I had no tools as I thought what can go wrong in only 50 miles. I had to stop a lot and use small rocks jammed into the hex head that I could turn a little by forcing beer can tabs around the rock. It stayed loose and needed many tries to keep it from being super loose and falling off but the return ride was possible. I learned the lesson about always riding with tools, again. So 25 points and 5 bonus points for the Peugeot. Total points 156.
January 1 is the new end date. I forgot about the southern heat. My ride today was in the 50 s F and raining.

July 21 I rode 32 miles on the Paramount. No bonus points as I used the Paramount yesterday. Total points 126. I’m starting on my road bikes but will soon switch to cruisers, klunkers, antiques, mountain bikes and fixed gear. Distances will be a lot harder.
@us56456712

Do I post my start date in this thread and then keep track of my 31 day mileage...

I want to know if there is any sort of minimum mileage, whether it be per bike or per day.

Thanks
Current rules are in the original post. The only change is that you can start as late as 31 days before January first, so hot weather locations can cool off and people will have time to get their rides in order. No minimum mileage. It’s for your total mileage on all bikes for 31 consecutive days. Five points extra for each different bike. Also the bikes don’t have to be totally original, upgrades and replaced worn out parts are ok on you classic. A big milestone for me that I have never been able to achieve is a 1000 mile month. I’m way behind that on average right now.

@us56456712

Thanks
Just keep track. Updates are nice to give incentive to others. Post total points here at the end of your 31 days. Real informal virtual race. I hope to get more organized and post pictures of my bikes, but I’m not one to understand anything digital so the postings could be a mess.

Just keep track. Updates are nice to give incentive to others. Post total points here at the end of your 31 days. Real informal virtual race. I hope to get more organized and post pictures of my bikes, but I’m not one to understand anything digital so the postings could be a mess.
I understand,

Chasing 1k eh :whew: My average used to be around 220 miles per week. I'm not going to see those figures now.

I've got 4 good bikes to start. I ride a 19.4 mile loop for a total of 38.8. Sometimes I turn back early. On occasion I go longer. I would like to try for at least one 70+ mile ride before the fall.

Attached is the trail I will be using for this event. It was an old railway. Max elevation is 5 miles from the start @725 feet. Min = 192ft near the end. Takes me a long time to warmup. By the turnaround I'm fully charged for the climb back.
NORTH COUNTY RT.jpg

Start date should be soon. My aim is 550 miles. The attempt will be made with 20'' wheel bikes.

I understand,

Chasing 1k eh :whew: My average used to be around 220 miles per week. I'm not going to see those figures now.

I've got 4 good bikes to start. I ride a 19.4 mile loop for a total of 38.8. Sometimes I turn back early. On occasion I go longer. I would like to try for at least one 70+ mile ride before the fall.

Attached is the trail I will be using for this event. It was an old railway. Max elevation is 5 miles from the start @725 feet. Min = 192ft near the end. Takes me a long time to warmup. By the turnaround I'm fully charged for the climb back.
View attachment 130021

Start date should be soon. My aim is 550 miles. The attempt will be made with 20'' wheel bikes.
Wow, that’s a lot of cranking, good luck on the 550.

. 11 miles into the ride my seat came loose. I had no tools as I thought what can go wrong in only 50 miles. I had to stop a lot and use small rocks jammed into the hex head that I could turn a little by forcing beer can tabs around the rock. It stayed loose and needed many tries to keep it from being super loose and falling off but the return ride was possible..
Once again, sir, you are my hero.

I understand,

View attachment 130021

220 a week is some rock hard stuff for average cyclists! Bravo

You're off to a impressive start! 216 in the first week, I'm sure you can add another 40. At that rate you'll get real close to 1000...or is my math messed up.
I'm attempting as many 40+ mile rides as possible. I only have 4 bikes so that's just 20 points. Think a neighbor has some pre 2000 bikes:39: Wish you lived close by.

I'm rooting for ya! GoGoGO!

You're off to a impressive start! 216 in the first week, I'm sure you can add another 40. At that rate you'll get real close to 1000...or is my math messed up.
I'm attempting as many 40+ mile rides as possible. I only have 4 bikes so that's just 20 points. Think a neighbor has some pre 2000 bikes:39: Wish you lived close by.

I'm rooting for ya! GoGoGO!
I have many days coming up where I can’t ride. Dr, accountant, family etc

A few hours on the 72ish CCM tandem with my sweetie. Nothing logged but good times. I need to get an app and data
Use your car distance o meter to get it as close as you can and post that. I have several rides where I have previously determined the distance and use that, I don’t always use an app. Driveway .96, around the lake 1.98, to gravel and back 30.89, to town and back 36.88, to Marquette downtown 62 one way, to US 2 and back 42, to Nahma and back 60. I use these sometimes.

Lol can I use a distance o meter to figure out how old Duck Norris is? About 25km on the old (but is it old enough?) bird. I like being Canadian, kilometers make me sound 1.6 times better than I am

Latest posts

Back