SORRY, CHILLED OUT, RESTED, AND THANKFUL

Apr 13, 2020
Florida, north central
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(My apologies if posted on the wrong forum)

SORRY!, for not providing any cycling material over the past months.
I never go to a "non-cycling" forum. Why I am logged onto a cycling website: for cycling; but always a first time!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I got a little stressed and depressed with work (hospital) and lack of time off (15 months!); but the election foolishness did not help any either.
I send my condolences out to any and all who have lost family, friends, and/or coworkers in the past year! Suffering of any nature, be it physiological or psychological is not what we need as a nation or world.
I hope that you are continuing to be safe in conducting your activities and also take into consideration the safety of those around you.

Since I have just gotten some highly needed time off to CHILL OUT AND REST, I have been able to start getting projects going again and ideas flowing; amazing what proper sleep can do for you after depriving one's self of it for nearly a year! Probably a loss of 2 years in life expectancy considering the stress on top of no sleep.

I certainly would like to THANK the community for their insight, comments, compliments and other thanks provided since I have come to this site. I am always amazed at what was produced in the past and how others have contributed to preserving, and expanding on those designs; as well as, those bringing completely new and original ideas to the table with their unique designs and fabrications!

As a personal and professional request I would implore everyone who is able to get, and physically tolerate the vaccine(s) for the SARS COVI 2 virus to be treated with it, as well as getting vaccines for other diseases. Remember, we rely on science for many things in our modern lives: food, healthcare, and even bicycles. Nothing is perfect, mistakes will always be made; but hopefully we will continue to strive for a better and safer environment to coexist in.

I thank you again!

All my best,
Jesper

20200912_122442.jpg

Last edited:

HPL

Apr 28, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Buddy! We're here with you! Getting my 2nd dose Monday. No adverse effects, barely noticed the injection.

I like your juxtaposition of a modern kit on an early roadster; paint that helmet and you'll look like "Antman"!

Good public service message man! Both in word and image.

Jun 13, 2015
US occupied MA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I keep checking to see when the vaccine is available. I'm an essential worker (telecommunications, so nothing like what you're doing) and I should be up sometime this month, though we're running a little behind.

I don't know how anyone in the medical field is doing what they're doing. I won't go further on here than to say you're all better people than me to do what you're doing day after day without any help, little appreciation, and even outright aggression from willfully ignorant people.

Apr 13, 2020
Florida, north central
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.... willfully ignorant people.
Thank you all for your comments, etc.!
I would not say I am better than you or any other person; we have our own individual fortes.

As to willful ignorance; a group of newly 'fledged' doctors from our esteemed university decided to conduct a graduation party and created their own little super spreader situation. Yes, new doctors with a disregard to their own and other's lives and safety. I work with the professionally diligent and undiligent alike. We all look alike at work in scrubs, gowns, and masks; but what happens outside the hospital doors is at times incredulous. A hospital worker with active COVID symptons and positive tests who was sent home for a mandatory 2 week quarantine was, within 24 hours of 'quarantining', seen eating out at a buffet style restaurant. I consider that to be criminal negligence; no way of truly determining whether this individual caused suffering and/or death to others. It saddens me deeply, and because of what I do now, have done previously and who I am; it eats at my soul. I cannot judge you if you are using my services. If you desire healthcare without concern for other's health you may feel free to judge yourself. I can only hope that this situation causes more people to take into consideration the risks that they present to others due to their own misguided or selfish actions; not much different than driving under the influence of inebriants.
Please enjoy your life; but do not needlessly put others enjoyment of same at risk.

May 18, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please enjoy your life; but do not needlessly put others enjoyment of same at risk.
Several years ago while vacationing in the upper northeast U.S. I came upon the Wiccan Rede, and while I am not a Wiccan practitioner the words stuck with me.

"An it harm none, do as ye will".

HPL

Apr 28, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick note regarding the vaccine, specifically the Pfizer version:

I received my first dose over 3 weeks ago, and I had just recently gotten my second dose.
The first dose caused ZERO symptoms and side effects, aside some the slight soreness at the injection site (quite normal for many shots).
The second dose did cause some symptoms; most notably: chills, minor body aches, and a slight loss of energy (I avoided eating 12 hours pre-injection to preempt any potential nausea because I know my body; none occurred), and a rather persistent, but minor headache about 18 hours post injection. The first two affects waned over about 12 hours; the headache which started up hours after the first two, disappeared after about 8 hours. So in all I had minor discomfort for about a maximum of 24 hours. Although not 100%, I still worked my full shift without issue. Three days after my symptoms subsided I have felt nothing more.
I will say this; I have felt worse after a "standard" flu vaccine, and for a longer time (2-3 days); and I have taken a day off from work just to "deal with it".
Overall, from a healthcare worker's perspective, I would certainly recommend getting this shot in order to help protect oneself and others from contracting the COVID 19 illness.
I hope everyone has a chance to get this vaccine in the coming weeks and months; I believe that we can knock this illness down if a vast majority of individuals receive it, all the while continuing to take the proper safety protocols already established.
The vaccine is not a "get out of jail free card", and there is still a great potential for spreading the illness with unsafe practices.

Hope all are well!
Howard

Apr 13, 2020
Florida, north central
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick note regarding the vaccine, specifically the Pfizer version:
Thank you for your comments regarding the vaccine. It is important that people know some firsthand facts about its potential side effects to the individuals considering getting it. Please get it if available to you.

Jan 12, 2013
Clearwater FL
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am NOT buying politically motivated vaccination for a mutating virus. The same virus I had a MONTH before China got it. I have the antibodies to prove it I found out New Years day having a heart attack.
Quite literally it mutates every time that jumps hosts. It has a long chain rna that is negatively charged, makes it tough for any antibodies to get in, let alone fight off.
Trump is out of office and the Biden miracle begins. Mark my words, Nobel prize coming for ol Joe.
More politics than I care to discuss on Rat Rod bikes. Just in case any of you aren't paying attention OUR political parties will destroy this country to deface the other.

Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off Jesper, thanks for your service. I can't even begin to imagine just how difficult your job has been this past year. I seriously hope you'll be able to relax and work on something you enjoy, whatever that thing is.

Second, I'm constantly checking to see if I'm able to get the vaccine here in Oklahoma. I'm in my late 20s, so odds are I'll be one of the last groups to have access to the vaccine. That said, it'll be nice to have a little more peace of mind when I can get that vaccine. I've been so stressed and anxious over this pandemic.

I've been doing everything I can to help slow the spread; wearing a mask (over my nose too, not just my mouth or chin,) social distancing, washing/sanitizing my hands, and keeping travel to a minimum. I haven't even met up with friends or extended family since the pandemic began, even when the rest of my family would go, because I seriously don't to get me or anybody else sick with the coronavirus.

I thankfully haven't come down with anything yet, and most of my family's been okay, but I still worry about it. It wasn't until several months after the pandemic started that I even set foot inside a Wal-Mart again! I only really go out to get bike parts or to work on my bikes at my dad's shop, but even when I'm just doing that, I get anxious seeing how many people still refuse to wear masks! I mean, come on! If frontline healthcare workers can wear a mask and all this other equipment for hours on end, surely the average human being could wear a mask for 30 minutes to an hour at a time while they go shopping for groceries or whatever.

I just want this whole mess to be over with so we can all get together safely without worrying about possibly getting sick and dying, or getting someone else sick and them dying. I want to spend time with my extended family again. I want to spend time with my friends again. I just don't want to risk getting them or me sick with this virus in the process.

Stay safe and be strong Jesper. Don't worry about whether you're posting here or not. Spend your downtime doing whatever you like, as long as it helps you relax and take your mind off your troubles.

Jan 12, 2013
Clearwater FL
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Glad you have come to your senses and realized life goes on! Even during a made up pandemic we (humans) just discovered a test for! Sars/covid has been with us 2000+ years and most likely the deadly flu. While I appreciate your opinion mine does not align with yours. I believe in God and the constitution. At no point do either say, "sequester and contain citizens over possibilities!"
Let's keep RRB about BICYCLES and not the hunt for red October!
Thanks.

Attachments

Sep 26, 2012
Chicago, IL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
a made up pandemic
Let's keep RRB about BICYCLES
Twice, you regurgitate some serious unsubstantiated, divisive, bull ...., then quickly follow it up with lets "not get political", lets "keep it about the bikes".

You just want to say whatever stupid .... theory that's planted in your head, and then deny everyone else the right to reply, the right to voice their disagreement.

And You're not alone. The country is infested with a plague of people who think it's their right to do and say what ever divisive thing they want. Then when they're met with disagreement, or the consequences of their own actions they pivot to "now is the time for unity, not division"

The politicians might ruin the country with their own self interests, but people who refuse to think for themselves and want to avoid responsiblity that will enable them to do it.

Choose which you want more, people to "keep it about the bikes" or a soap box to say your dumb idea from?
They're mutually exclusive.