Some scores/Upgrades/Stuff

Dec 13, 2016
SFV - Los Angeles
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Swooped in last min on eBay and won this frame a couple weeks ago. Wouldn’t say it was a steal, but it’s a awesome frame for the collection. It has a few layers of paint, with black being the original color on it.
Plans to make a strandie out of it, nothing high end. Just need ANOTHER bike that I can grab and go. I mocked it up with some straight forks I have and eventually I’ll try and take the green paint off of it to leave only the red or black paint visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 13, 2016
SFV - Los Angeles
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked up this rusty crusty 26” Murray Baja.
No cracks, re-welds and it’s pretty straight. Guy I got it from was going to make it into a Klunker but I’m going to make it into a BMX cruiser.
He included the original handlebars and threw in some extra wheels that I’ll use snatch the hubs off of. comes with an ACS slingshot style stem and moto handlebars.

Dec 13, 2016
SFV - Los Angeles
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Perfect parts buy for $20

Hunter Classic Cruiser with a BMX style fork and MX stem. Shimano front hub, Shimano 3CC 3speed with a coaster brake.
Sugino 3 piece crankset with Sugino 46t chainring and Wellgo pedals.

This bike was probably an expensive low end bike back in its day. I don’t know much about Hunter bicycles, I came across a non-cruiser Hunter once but that’s about it.

Dec 13, 2016
SFV - Los Angeles
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Being under quarantine has us trying some funky stuff.
Picked up this 24” Schwinn Unicycle. Tire is still in decent shape, nice Sugino cranks and good seat seat. Not bad for $20.

Does anyone know how to get a year on these things?

Dec 13, 2016
SFV - Los Angeles
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Changed out the cranks to some Oval Concepts and added some 90’s Avocet tires on my Columbia.

Those knobby mtb tires that were on the bike previously were wearing me down too soon during my rides on the bike paths and pulling a kiddie trailer. I dig the zig zag pattern on these.

Avocet Cross 26x1.90

This is what it use to look like.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2016
SFV - Los Angeles
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked this up recently. Ad said it was a 56, but ID says it’s a 57 from January.

1957 straight bar, could be a hornet or spitfire. Not sure how to tell which model it is.

Came w/ACS stem, SE rims, Schwinn seat and Akisu forks. Going to build it up as a BMX/Klunker cruiser and most likely get rid of the cheap green paint. The drop outs need a little attention before anything.

The Bike Wall BOXKARS