So Cal Rat Rod Ride*update and edited*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm posting this partly in response to the comments on the Inland Empire ride thread in this section. Check out my post in that thread for further background. I notice that some of the readers here expressed a little disappointment that the I.E. ride is primarily for pre-1958 bicycles, and that the monthly Cyclone coasters ride is also a predominately vintage event (although the C.C. ride is open to everyone.)
So I'm putting out a feeler here, so to speak.

How about a designated Rat Rod Ride here in the Southland?

As I mention in the other thread, the First Sunday of the month is Cyclone Coasters in Long Beach, and the Inland Empire ride is the last Sunday of the month in various locations. That leaves all the Saturdays, and two Sundays a month open. I'll toss this out as a potential starting point:
How about the second Saturday of each month for a date, and Huntington Beach Pier for a starting location.
The HB to Newport Beach bike path is one the all time great see and be seen cruising grounds in So Cal. If we can get a core group of a few folks willing to initiate the ride we can hash out details, set an official time and place, and see where it goes from there. Send me a PM if you'd like to touch bases, and get started on the organizing. I'm in Whittier- about 20 miles inland from HB.

JWM

Re: So Cal Rat Rod Ride

chukndatruk said:
okay, i'll ride, if i am not working, but i'll ride vintage.....hahahahahah ;p

Bring your vintage Basman. :wink:

OK, How's this? Since the vintage rides are on Sunday. Let's shoot for high noon on the Second Saturday of the month, and try March 11 as a kick-off. That gives us some time to get the word out, (and it might give me enough time to shake this $%#&^@ flu bug.)

That's 12:00 PM Saturday, March 10 at Huntington Beach Pier.

Meet up in the parking lot on the north side of the pier.

We can cruise down toward the Dog Beach, which is a little past Golden West, turn around at the wetlands jetty and come back up for food on Main Street.

JWM

Count me in, if this goes as planned :)

DaBigKahuna said:
Hmm.. sounds interesting.

Are you doing open to all bikes?

Absolutely. Cruisers, clunkers, customs, choppers, rusty, shiny, cheap, or 'spensive. Although, if you have a high tech road bike you may find the pace a little boring. We'll ride at a cruisin' the boulevard pace- You know- start out slow, and then ease up some.

JWM

^ lol

I want to come but im not positive yet cause im "supposed' to work but might not cause i've been sick. Seems everyone is feeling under the weather.

Latest posts

Back