1. We will be upgrading the forum software on Monday evening. During this time the forum may be down for several hours. Thanks for your patience while we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

so-cal foose cruiser, llooking for more info on it

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by joeltheimpossible, Jul 10, 2013.

1. joeltheimpossible

joeltheimpossible

So I picked up this so-cal speed shop foose cruiser a few months ago. I dont know too much about it, I have seen some other bikes that use this same frame, a few Nirve kilroys and a few felt "behind the 8 ball" cruisers.

Would anyone happen to have any more info on it?(the only pictures Ive been able to find online of the so-cal foose, are the ones I have posted)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rrtbike likes this.
  2. NicksGarage

NicksGarage

Saw that on my local CL. Definitely a Nirve bike. Not a Felt, their frame like that is distinctly different.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

3. joeltheimpossible

joeltheimpossible

4. joeltheimpossible

joeltheimpossible

Heres a comparison of the so-cal top tube and the behind the 8 ball top tube. It looks the same to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NicksGarage

NicksGarage

Here's a picture of a Felt Behind The 8 Ball from another thread - http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=294077#p297054

This is the early style Felt tank frame. The later Felt tank frame is similar to what you're showing but still different. The Felt cruisers also seem to always use their wide wheels. I don't know what connection Felt and Nirve have or had. The 8-ball graphics are obviously the same design.

[​IMG]

6. joeltheimpossible

joeltheimpossible

I was hoping to find more info on my bike. If anyone knows, I would like to get that information.

I called nirve a month ago or so. I dont know who I got a hold of, but the man was very informative. I dont fully remember everything he told me(it was a lot of info to take in), but he explained to me something about how felt was nirves european couterpart when the companies started off. But I just called again and whoever was on the phone, said he was pretty new so he didnt know this information.

Im wondering what differences in the frame you are seeing, because I keep looking at the pictures and they look exactly the same to me :shock:

If you look at the black "behind the 8 ball" and my bike, even the chainrings(crank sprocket) are the same.

I have a feeling youre thinking that the felt frames I posted is this style frame?

http://www.bike198.com/wp-content/uploa ... ruiser.jpg

7. NicksGarage

NicksGarage

Seems like a mystery on the connection between Nirve and Felt. Felt has their cruiser catalogs all the way back to 2005 on their web site. Maybe contacting them might get results.

8. Silverbeach

Silverbeach

I think there is one on ebay at this time. Try sending Chip Foose an email?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

9. mikeeebikey

mikeeebikey

10. NicksGarage

NicksGarage

11. NicksGarage

NicksGarage

Ok, I'll always be the first to admit when I'm wrong. I did more digging and found some pictures of 2003 Felt cruisers in Europe that match that frame and other components. Here is a page - http://www.choppernewsnetwork.com/news/1/105/Eurobike_2003_Felt

All the pictures I can find of that frame are on European sites.

12. Silverbeach

Silverbeach

I was wrong it is on Craigslist, not ebay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

13. domo66

domo66

First off, Nice ride!

Where to begin...

The bike is definately built by Nirve. It was designed by Foose for So-Cal. The only one I have not been in touch with directly, is chip Foose. According to Nirve, the frame was designed by Foose as well (forgot the year), but they (Nirve) were also using the frame design for some of their other bikes as well, like the early Kilroy's. Anyway, my guess is that this was pre Bethlenfalvy, because around the time he came to Nirve, the frame style changed. Foose also used this frame for his "Burner" bike, which has a Foose headbadge and by some accounts was limited to 500. As far as what i got from So-Cal, and I spoke with the owner; He said that they were thinking of carrying a branded line of cruisers, but for some reason opted not to. He said they only made like 30 of them! And while one of the employees has one, the shop does not. My almost decade long search for my own ended a year ago, after a few failed attempts to buy from several people here on the East coast and the West coast. Your So-cal is only the second out of the 5 or 6 I know to exist, with black rims (the others are white). I thought maybe the other had been customized, as it also had black ape hangers to match. So congratulations! You have a very rare bike!

Mine came from California and was pinstriped and signed by Foose. It was a gift to the owner of an upholstery shop, which did/does work for the Overhaulin series. Let me know if youd like to talk more. Ive been thinking of starting a registry of owners.

Im not sure how to send pics yet but when i figure it out ill send some.

Dom

RAD DYNO likes this.
  14. rmf730

rmf730

Hello! I have one of theese bikes but unfotunately is different like the bike above, has white rims a different fork (double, crhrome forks "shock absorber like" but stiff(sorry for my english i'm Hungarian)) and at the back wheel there is a shimano nexus 3... i jus want to know how much it worth and what was the original"configuration" of the bike.... Peace Ropi

15. SoCalKev

SoCalKev

So I just ran across this posting. The bike is definitely a Nirve. Unfortunately your bike is missing black bobbed fenders and white rims. I have one that I got directly from Nirve back in the day. The only connection between Nirve and Felt is that a majority of the people left Nirve and formed Felt with Jim Felt. Hope that helps.

16. RAD DYNO

RAD DYNO

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I found this bike on Craigslist, 6 month ago. The girl I bought it from, said her father in law bought it new in Sacramento. I put the front fender, cup holder, & a pair of dual headlights on, the seat, white rims & chrome ape hangers are original.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    rrtbike likes this.
  17. RAD DYNO

RAD DYNO

Domo66, Did you ever start a registry for the So-Cal Foose cruiser?

18. RAD DYNO

RAD DYNO

Domo66, Do you the serial # on your bike?

19. RustyGold

RustyGold

This one is on a semi-local CL to me, for $75...

[​IMG]

hammer mechanic, RAD DYNO and rrtbike like this.
  20. RAD DYNO

RAD DYNO

Not a bad price! Pedals, seat, & handle bars wrong, but it's in good condition.