Snow Ride!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a rare opportunity that I get to ride in the snow. The last time I went was over 2 years ago. Well on Monday I got to go up to Big Bear, Ca and ride! They have had over 3 feet of snow in the last week, so it was a little hard to find a trail that had been groomed, but once we did it was glorious!!!

Ive had a bunch of junk in my lungs for a couple weeks, so I could really feel the 7-8k altitude, especially since I live at see level.

All in all I drove over 200 miles to ride for 5 miles, but it was totally worth it!

IMG_5549_zpsk8qxhrcy.jpg

Heres a little GoPro vid....

Beautiful picture! Video was awesome as well! Was your ride mostly downhill? Having never ridden any bike with tires wider that 2.125" does it take a lot more effort to rock those wide tires?
P.S. I made that pic my wallpaper! thanks for sharing!:41:

Last edited:
The wide tires defiantly have more drag than a thinner tire, but it isn't as much as you think. And once you get on a surface like snow, you really don't notice the difference. For me the altitude was the killer.

Latest posts

Back