skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: skull-o sis (evil update)

thats exactly the length i need bud.
what size crank pins does it except? thx

Gold Street Customs said:
All I know is that bike screams stovepipe hat when you ride it :lol: And instead of an orange bike flag ,you need a sickle waving in the wind :wink:

oh no, ya gotta be a little crazy to ride this sled. got my racin gear all figured out. :)
IMG_1835.jpg

sorry guys, the doc is gonna be outta the office for a couple days (off building a salt flat racer) :)

well billiards this evening then i should be back to building!

the girly friends getting a little tired of the new addition to the livingroom furniture. :)

bighit said:
Oh my god there is the clown vending machine from American pickers last week!

one of those was on american pickers? what did they pay, and what did they say it was worth?

i picked it up a couple years ago for $50 i was guess'n its a 1960's machine but couldn't find info on it.

well boys and girls, had a little excitement last night. i was working in the driveway on the steering of skull-o-sis. (fine tuning the tensioner) had to step into the back yard (to get my drill)
from the other side of the fence, i noticed this kid slinking up the driveway. i stayed outta sight, just behind the fence.

well before he had time to pick up and turn the bike around, i was right behind him. bike hit the ground, and he went a running!

i'm not into chasing down kids,(what am i gonna do, beat em up???) but i've seen him in the neighbourhood many a time (likes to hang out at the local store)
i scared the heck outta him and am sure i'll run into him again.

skull-o-sis suffered a little damage to the bar ends and vampira strut, but nothing i can't conceal with a strategic placed skull.

what is it with kids these days?

Re: skull-o sis (almost stolen)

That stinks man! I can't believe it...but at the same time I can. You should teach him to build his own. But then could you trust him around your stuff?

Hey leigh, you have to wonder exactly what he was thinking, trying to grab a one of a kind custom? Did he think he was going to be able to keep it and ride it around town without anyone noticing?
Heck, you should have let him hop on and try to ride off, betcha he would have bit the dust before making it 50 feet if the steering's as squirrelly as to need a return set-up, maybe the road-rash would remind him that crime doesn't pay. :x
There's a few ways you can play this, report him, remand him, or repent him. Any eay you slice it, the boy needs a talking to, before things get too out of hand.
BTW, skull-o-sis?=sicksicksicksicksicksicksicksicksicksicksicksick :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sorry I couldnt make it to Brantford this year man.
Rick

should have "accidently" tripped him when he took off runnin...
punk kids!!!! :x :x

Sucks that they almost stole it, but atleast you were able to stop them. Hope things work out for the best, as you progress.

rick74304 said:
Hey leigh, you have to wonder exactly what he was thinking, trying to grab a one of a kind custom? Did he think he was going to be able to keep it and ride it around town without anyone noticing?
Heck, you should have let him hop on and try to ride off, betcha he would have bit the dust before making it 50 feet if the steering's as squirrelly as to need a return set-up, maybe the road-rash would remind him that crime doesn't pay. :x
There's a few ways you can play this, report him, remand him, or repent him. Any eay you slice it, the boy needs a talking to, before things get too out of hand.
BTW, skull-o-sis?=sicksicksicksicksicksicksicksicksicksicksicksick :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sorry I couldnt make it to Brantford this year man.
Rick

Yea, I remember having the "It's really, really stupid to steal one of a kind anything" talk to a street punk a few years ago who thought it would be a good idea to klunk me over the head for my bike. He had that "deer in the headlites" look for the whole speech then rode away on his bike without a seat.

These people will taking care of us in the near future, I can't wait! :lol:

Bike theifs are a pain but can be really fun to mess with. I planted my bike somewhere then waited with a two way radio, the dude left his bike in a ally way and went to mine to attemp stealing it, I gave a call to friend and my friend loosen the dudes rear wheel then when he was done I chased the guy and he went to ride fast and had a nice spill lol. I told him he should find a better job then walked away laughing. i'm no ... but come on, people work hard for their bikes! good thing you stopped him, that bike of yours is a piece of art.

so lucky you caught the punk...im not so lucky. my build off bike got stolen on saturday. i can not believe what would go on anyones head to steal let alone steal stuff that is one of a kind.

after a huge expedition, to the dark edges of the basement, i finally found the other 1/2 of the crank.
woohoo!

if i should survive tomorrows festivities, the spookyness will once again commence.

i'm heading down to potahawk pissup (turkey point) its a huge bash they have on a remote island in lake erie.they haul out a barge with live bands etc. you can only get there by boat and tomorrows the maiden voyage of my buddies fully restored (which we did) 150mph, 17.5' fiberglass 1968 mandella speed boat, with a balanced/blueprinted 440 strapped to the back. (cali made)

wish me luck! i'll probably need it!

FOUND OBJECTS said:
GOOD LUCK! Bring a rod and reel!

i survived, and we only sunk the boat once! (well darn near sunk)
IMG_0284-1.jpg

IMG_0288-1.jpg

that gps was fully submerged.
IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288-1.jpg

IMG_0285-2.jpg

got out about 3 miles from shore and blew the water line (2" hose that funnels water through the engine/exaust) 1 1/2" of water coming in, and only a 1/2" hose on the bilge pump. faster we went, the quicker we sunk.
needless to say, by the time we got back to shore, the water was up to the dash, and these old boats have zero floatation. :(
(that's the blue hose that almost sunk us)
IMG_0286.jpg

dragged her back in, patched a small screw hole leak, refitted the hose, and went out on voyage #2.
other than some leaking gear oil from an improperly torked gaskett (v-drive) the day was nothin but fun.

and yeah, we eventually made it to the potahawk pissup.
IMG_0299-2.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

man it was a wicked fun time (if ya like the fear of god put into ya! :) )

so back to building. so much to do, so little time. not only do i have to finish the bike, but i also have to sew an elvira costume, build some tomb stones and dig a big hole in the back yard. :) (all part of my finished photo shoot)

its raining outside again, so i'm just working on the easy stuff.
found a cool little bell at walmart. paid $1 clearance cause its missing the dinger.
IMG_0334.jpg

no biggy, i have other uses in mind.
IMG_0335.jpg

still working on the horror stripes.
IMG_0336.jpg

also got the coaster clamp figured out.i'll give it the same treatment as the steering linkage (square tubing/horror stripes)
IMG_0333.jpg

i'll be hard at her for the next week or so.
IMG_0337.jpg

Re: skull-o sis (electrified!)

well i must say, i have really been draggin butt as of lately with the bike build. i have so many projects on the go (paying jobs) that i just haven't been able to find the time. with the finish date closing fast, i guess i gotta get my butt in gear.

decided to pull a late nighter to knock off a few of the tasks remaining.

dedicated the evening to wiring the bike.
i managed to hide most of the wiring inside the frame.
IMG_0356.jpg

and the bike in the dark.
IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0364-1.jpg

the blue moon markers are my fav.
IMG_0359.jpg

Latest posts

Back