Skipton's random photos.... January 26th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally catching up on your snow antics, Wow!
Yeah looking forward to this weekend with some warmer weather. Think I haven't been able to ride more this winter than others due to the bitter cold :eek:
Glad you got out in the deep stuff and got a "buried" pic LOL, thanks

Thanks Guys!

Skipton, On this end I was expecting to see ride shots. Relieved that sanity prevailed!

I'm sure it was tempting, just for bragging rights. Having parts that freeze and fall off; you or the bike is not cool.

Rik,
I would have loved to ride just for the "fun" and bragging rights.

Sunday was just unsafe with heavy snow and poor road conditions.

Monday and Tuesday just way to cold!

Got back in the saddle yesterday, 6 degrees when I left the house.... crazy how much better that feels then -16

Just a couple quick pics on the ride in.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cutting thru the alley yesterday.

ahh...yes...the windy city. I was born in Rockford and lived around Chicago in the 60s...crazy time. Then went back to Chicago for one winter in 74...on the Great Lakes with the Navy training facility. That was one cold and windy winter..I hate it when the snot in your nose freezes. :)

And now Dallas is getting too cold for me. I just may have to go further south for the winter.

Awesome shots Skip! I will say it again, I really think you should put some of your pics together & make a calendar. The hard part would be deciding which shots to use! Maybe a 5 year calendar or so....

ahh...yes...the windy city. I was born in Rockford and lived around Chicago in the 60s...crazy time. Then went back to Chicago for one winter in 74...on the Great Lakes with the Navy training facility. That was one cold and windy winter..I hate it when the snot in your nose freezes. :)

And now Dallas is getting too cold for me. I just may have to go further south for the winter.

Yeah the way this winter has been Brazil might just be south enough ;)

Awesome shots Skip! I will say it again, I really think you should put some of your pics together & make a calendar. The hard part would be deciding which shots to use! Maybe a 5 year calendar or so....

THANKS PICK!:thumbsup:

I'm also a enjoying the photos very much. Last night I was checking them out with my favorite ambient trance music playing in the background on iTunes.
Sort of wish I still lived in the Detroit area so I can take awesome pics of my bike next to the Great Lakes. When it gets warmer out I'll have to take pics of my bike with the beautiful Cincinnati skyline from the Kentucky side of the river.

Last edited:
Man Skipton, that is a super cool Picture!!!
Had to downloaded it for my "permanent collection" Keep on Ridin!!

Thanks Steve.

I'm also a enjoying the photos very much. Last night I was checking them out with my favorite ambient trance music playing in the background on iTunes.
Sort of wish I still lived in the Detroit area so I can take awesome pics of my bike next to the Great Lakes. When it gets warmer out I'll have to take pics of my bike with the beautiful Cincinnati skyline from the Kentucky side of the river.

BikeNerd,

Thanks for looking,
I will be looking for some cool bike/skyline pics from you when the weather warms up. :thumbsup:

Great ride pics!
Now that our subzero weather has finally ended,
I'm looking forward to getting back out too :)

Oh No Steve!.... Don't say ended :rolleyes:o_O:confused:;)

I hope there is no more subzero weather.
The way this winter is going we might get some in April:eek:

Latest posts

Back