ski bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually had one as a kid, it was laid out pretty much like a minibike frame only a bit taller and narrower. The seat had two dampening shocks on the rear.
Really didn't go all that well on it's own on a snowy hill, worked best being towed behind Dad's Yamaha 175 or a snowmobile... That's when it really got fun!

the sell a rail kick scoot tha comes wit wheels & ski $80 , but you can find used scooter at a thrift store for around $10 get a cheap snowboar & make your own snor scooter
i snow bike with 4 skiiis might be fun to build for down hill funn !

I used a bmx frame. I pulled the crank and welded a thick seatpost in it to act as a footrest. I used the fronts of two waterskis. I cut them about 18" long +/-. I screwed a skateboard truck and axle to each one and put the axles in the dropouts of the bike. You may have to use spacers for this. This allowed the skis to pivot up and down a bit so that they moved independently of each other. That helped with stability on hills and kept the skis on the snow, unless you hit a jump. Just make sure the axles are tightened pretty good so the front ski doesn't go completely downward during a jump

I used a bmx frame. I pulled the crank and welded a thick seatpost in it to act as a footrest. I used the fronts of two waterskis. I cut them about 18" long +/-. I screwed a skateboard truck and axle to each one and put the axles in the dropouts of the bike. You may have to use spacers for this. This allowed the skis to pivot up and down a bit so that they moved independently of each other. That helped with stability on hills and kept the skis on the snow, unless you hit a jump. Just make sure the axles are tightened pretty good so the front ski doesn't go completely downward during a jump
you could use casters with the wheels remove & some all thread or & axel from 2 used wheels with spacers to hold the skis on the bike!

Latest posts

Back