SKELETOR

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome fabrication bro! I am super jealous! Still want to ride it too!

Time to get the brackets installed on the frame and start the tank panels. We used some scrap 1/8" on the brackets and .06 sheet metal for the tank panels. Louvers were also added to both sides on the tank panels.

aka_locojoe said:
Looking good Kevin. Those panels are great.
The louvered tank panels are too cool .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Now with all the parts fit and the fab work complete its time for paint. On this we are going with old school black. We want to do something a little different so we are going to do the frame in a black crinkle. All the other parts will be done in a matte black finish except for a few chrome nuts and bolts. On the fork we are doing the fork legs in matte black and leaving the triple clamps polished. We did change the rotors on the front and back wheels to the Clarks Skeletal 160mm rotors with the red centers. Once we throw down some pin stripes I think everything will pull together very nice.

Saw this bike in person today. It is awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product. 8)

Here is the paint color we are using. The frame will be done in Krinkle Black and all the other parts will be done in Black Magic.

Fork is going together. Black magic on the fork legs. Bottom bracket, headset, seatpost and seat is also installed at this time.

Latest posts

Back