skate!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just bought my son his first longboard, we are fair weather skaters and i really enjoy it. recently i decided not to participate in extreme gravity speed sports and ive been considering taking a stab at building my own longboard deck, but i gotta finish some of the bicycles first!!!
fast eddie outty

I recommend the DIY longboard thing.
It's a hoot rolling something you built.

I just got this one together.
I've wanted one for a while and they're out of print, or whatever.

100_6343.jpg

The Pocket Pistol, Ditch Killer 44....blank Force trucks and Abec11 Gumballs.
100_6340.jpg

It's designed for riding here:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aujk0hL7sxY
I've been once.
I wanna go back before I get too old.
No place like it on the planet!

Ok, that's enough out of me on the subject.
I'm already on too many skate forums.
I'm not that good of sk8r anyhoos.
[crossed-fingers] I hope to have a neato find, bicycle wise, to show you guys in the very near future. [/crossed-fingers]

Sorry, just planks right now....cookie-cutters even.

oneb1.jpg

Affordable rollers for the masses. :) ...with really good parts, quality hard-wood plywood and whatever you want it to look like art and/or color wise.
I have concave plans in my head, with building a press.
I'm not sure how to keep shapes consistent yet.
The vacuum deal works great for limited runs or one off, from what I've seen...I'm no expert.
There's a wealth of info on
http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com
Some really informative board building tech on there.
Good luck!

Blaster,

The GB44 is holding up great. My older brother scammed it from me for a few months. He didn't want to let it go. Maybe one day I'll order one for him to enjoy. :wink:

I skated from jr high until college. What's up with the longboards? Do they use the same trucks and stuff as regular boards? What's the difference between a long and super long one? Handling wise?

Skoda,

Longboards tend to use a wider truck built for turns or high speed stability. You can still use a wide, traditional, Tracker or Indy truck w/o any problems as long as it doesn't rub your deck. Modern skate trucks like kids use these days are not a good option. Longboard wheels tend to be softer, wider, and taller than what kids ride these days too.

The handling for me is gauged more on how the deck was built than how long it is. Length seems to be up to one's personal taste. Bushings, wheel size, compound, hardness, and truck design also are big players in handling.

Latest posts

Back