skate!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone skate?

I can skateboard, But I have only been doing it since 76, I still have alot of old boards My freestyle board is an original Tony hawk Powell&Peralta with motobuilt trucks and Kryptonic Lites the only problem now is gravity puts me on the ground alot harder these days.
I am just starting to teach kids in my youth group skateboarding with free use of a privately owned skatepark.

i used to skatebord briefly... couldnt ollie higher than a sidewalk curb tho, just used to do shove-its and grinds all over the place :mrgreen:

used to get banged up all the time too, but once i fell with an elephant wrench in my front pocket, couldnt walk right for a week !!

as far as roller-skates/blades, i never owned my own pair.

This is what I was riding back in 84...

image009.jpg

I was able to get around pretty well on it, jump curbs and cruise around the neighborhood with my friends.

Tried a half pipe once and realized real quick that wasn't for me. :shock:

wow........you do know what happend to gator dont ya rat rod(that decks worth some bank!)used to be all i ever did.used to ride with gabriel rodrigues when id got down to sact. he almost got me on with stereo but i kinda flaked cuz of a girl :roll:
still got a few local skateshop ragazines with my pics though :lol:
ahhhhh to be young and have stickers on your head!

I've been skating off and on since I was seven (28 years). I've given it up again because of time constraints and wrecking my body all over again. I don't heal like I used to and I've got too much responsibility to jack around w/ getting hurt. I still ride the longboard from time to time, but my ditch, halfpipe and park days are over.

I currently ride a Garage Bomb 44 and a Comet.

DSCN2345.jpg

DSCN2056.jpg

sensor said:
wow........you do know what happend to gator dont ya rat rod(that decks worth some bank!)used to be all i ever did.used to ride with gabriel rodrigues when id got down to sact. he almost got me on with stereo but i kinda flaked cuz of a girl :roll:

Yeah...I did hear about his eventual fate...not pretty.

I actually could have cared less about the guy when I was a kid, I just thought the board looked cool.

I wish I still had it...along with the Alva I had.

Anybody else remember sending in a buck to all of the ads in Thrasher for stickers?

Rat Rod said:
sensor said:

I actually could have cared less about the guy when I was a kid, I just thought the board looked cool.

Anybody else remember sending in a buck to all of the ads in Thrasher for stickers?

Gold Street Customs said:
Rat Rod said:
sensor said:

I will try this again,I had the Skateboarder Magazine long sleeve jersey as I grew out of it of course the sleeves went away. I guess my claim to fame I entered C.A.S.L. contests and had my name three times in the Trans World Skateboarding mag under contest results...(at least it impressed my son)

HutchXL24 said:
Rat Rod said:
HutchXL24 said:
I currently ride a Garage Bomb 44 and a Comet.
DSCN2056.jpg

Love that Comet....very cool. :wink:

It's super flexy. It helps power through turns while haulin bootay in parking garages.
It reminds me of my sector 9,I wish I could still fit on the old fibreflex's but the ballast makes it tough.

What, or how is one suppoed to ride a long board? That board is bigger than two of my kids... Unless your real short.. :D

HutchXL24 said:
I've been skating off and on since I was seven (28 years). I've given it up again because of time constraints and wrecking my body all over again. I don't heal like I used to and I've got too much responsibility to jack around w/ getting hurt. I still ride the longboard from time to time, but my ditch, halfpipe and park days are over.

I currently ride a Garage Bomb 44 ......

DSCN2345.jpg
Hey man...thanks for posting this!
Small world, eh?
How's that GB44 dude holding up?

Here's me and my boy's current-ish quiver.

110307-bottom.jpg

His to the left, mine to the right.
110307-top.jpg

I mostly ride ditches, parking garages and my driveway.

I've been making plank, longboards out of my garage for just over two years under the GarageBomb Longboards name.
Y'all let me know if you're in the market or whatever.

http://www.garagebomblongboards.com/
http://www.myspace.com/garagebomb

smallflyeryu5.jpg

Sorry to be a thread dredger.
Right on.

Latest posts

Back