SISSY BAR PLZ REPLY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you dont actually need a torch to heat it.....just make sure the sand is packed really tight when you bend it around the form......every frame or bars ive made ive just bent cold (unless the radius will me close to a 45 i wont even bother sanding the tubing).....just wedge and walk it around the buck :wink:

sensor said:
you dont actually need a torch to heat it.....just make sure the sand is packed really tight when you bend it around the form......every frame or bars ive made ive just bent cold (unless the radius will me close to a 45 i wont even bother sanding the tubing).....just wedge and walk it around the buck :wink:

what size conduit do you use? is it polished?

deorman said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8QhQopBS1A&feature=related
Go to 1:10 :|

That tool box leaf blower forge is wicked!!!!

How do you like my mock up of a snow ski sissy bar? Do you think it is tall enough?

Photo_D9413625-00B1-D808-756A-C32BC735A203.jpg

creativeconner11 said:

i wouldnt use conduit(some will....but its for holding wires and that about it I.M.O.) 8' section or 1/2" o.d. .065 e.r.w. steel will be about $5 and will take abuse as well(thats what stock sissy bars were/are made of from)
good luck and post some pics when you make it

sensor said:
creativeconner11 said:

i wouldnt use conduit(some will....but its for holding wires and that about it I.M.O.) 8' section or 1/2" o.d. .065 e.r.w. steel will be about $5 and will take abuse as well(thats what stock sissy bars were/are made of from)
good luck and post some pics when you make it
ive got it ,done with a piece of conduit i just neeed a picture now

Latest posts

Back