Single vs. dual cable brake levers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a trike and need some advice. The rear wheels are 7"x7" Jr. dragster rims, with Lawn tractor tires, and 120mm scooter brake rotors mounted to the hubs, with Tektro dual pull calipers. There is quite a bit of rolling mass to stop. I don't expect this to be anything more than a slow speed cruising trike.

P5260179.jpg

I have a Sunlight dual cable lever for it, but I don't like the idea of two cables running from the bars to the back of the trike. I'm thinking of making, or if possible buying a kit that would allow me to run one cable to the back and then run two cables from there. Would using a setup like this work as well as running the two cable setup?

I think it would all depend on how you designed it and what parts you used. I would think synchronizing the braking with two cables (especially if at least one of them has an adjustable cable stop) would be easier than trying to do it with two brakes off one cable, but you might be able to come up with something that would work well.

How long are you talking about? There are universal 1 into 2 cables made for snowmobile throttles that have junction blocks and in line adjusters. It would require engineering, but just throwing it out there

The emergency/parking brakes in cars are cable operated. One cable from the floor pedal with some kind of gizmo to connect it with the two cables from the rear brakes.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back