Simplistic Speed, 100% done, pics posted! **Lightweight**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Simplistic Speed **Lightweight sub build-off**

Polished the French Atom
build8.jpg

I'm a newbie to these kind of really old bikes. I've been missing out, very rad! I'm very interested in what you are doing. Looks awesome!

Thank you!! Here's what I've been able to do today, so far

I went over to a fellow artist's house who works with metal. He let me do my sandblasting over there
Build9.jpg

I used epoxy to fill the holes for the brakes
Build10.jpg

and I thought while I'm at it I might as well give it a little accent piece
Build11.jpg

Then primer
Build12.jpg

Build13.jpg

Build14.jpg

Now I'm off to sand the primer and get the first coat of color down

Re: Simplistic Speed, Now in color! **Lightweight build-off**

Nice color, and the head badge looks great! There is a guy on the forums that does custom head badges. You should talk to him to see what he can do for you.

carrotsnax said:
Nice color, and the head badge looks great! There is a guy on the forums that does custom head badges. You should talk to him to see what he can do for you.

Thanks! I saw them, he does great work, I'm just not sure what material I want it made out of first. I'm trying a little something out first :wink:

Man, this thing is big! I was worried that a 65tooth wouldn't look as massive as the 80tooth (equivalent) original but I think it serves as a proper representative. The chain line works well and uses every bit of the 112link chain I have (I bought two just in case).
Build20.jpg

Build21.jpg

As you can see after turning the ring around it just barely fits without a washer!
Build22.jpg

Re: Simplistic Speed, We have clearence, Clarence! *Lightweight*

Paint and parts turing out nicely.
Love the mega ring.

Thanks, guys. Once I got that chainring on it started getting me itching to finish it. I just ordered my spokes. The only thing left is pedals. Can you switch out a 9/16 pedal with a 1/2 axle?

I still have one or two tricks up my sleeve :)

Machine Age Victim said:
Thanks, guys. Once I got that chainring on it started getting me itching to finish it. I just ordered my spokes. The only thing left is pedals. Can you switch out a 9/16 pedal with a 1/2 axle?

I still have one or two tricks up my sleeve :)

You might need something like this or get some 1/2 pedals that you like.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-X-9-16-Peda ... 4d0a122170

Latest posts

Back