simplex cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simplex was one of if not the first to make bicycle derailleurs and caliper brake components, never seen or heard of a complete bike with that label except small motorcycles.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if this isn't a frankenbike and the fork is off a small motorcycle. But I don't really know anything about bikes, just starting to learn.

I'd buy it. I've never seen a complete one either, but I think for the most part it's original. And $80 is a good price.

Thinking about it but have one project under way, another in the planning stage and my wife wants to know where I plan to put them. Still it does look pretty cool and probably won't take much to get it operational...

There is the Simplex mfg corp in New Orleans made the little motorbikes, go karts and mini bikes. They are unrelated to the French Simplex company who manufactured derailleurs, or the dutch Simplex bicycle and motorcycle co. From 1951 "The SIMPLEX MFG. CORP, New Orleans, La. the makers of "Servicycle," the well-known lightweight motorcycle, announce that they are now in production of the "Simplex" bicycle." It's built from the same tubing as the servicycle, double bar, beautifully streamlined, "super strong" double fork, rigid or spring models.

Latest posts

Back