BO15 SIMPLE GREEN ((*Bringing it to the finish line*))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then it's on to WD 40, sandpaper, and Scotch Brite

IMG_20200614_113259375~2.jpg

Also, got some of my bits and bobs out being machined for my handlebars and seat post mount

Paint looks awesome!
I've always wanted to do a lime green bike someday.

A Irish " How Too " then a green bike , I think the bike is talking to you and it's not speaking Spanish .Maybe you should rename the bike , Corned beef and Cabbage ?

Now you've got me out in the garage listening to some Irish tunes

LET'S SEE THE MOCK UP WITH THE TIRE...AFTER THE PAINT DRIES THOUGH

I was tempted tonight, but that paint is still so so fresh. I'd like to see how the raked out springer and maybe a 24 would make it look

But I did manage to cobble up what I think will be the crankset

IMG_20200617_000248656~2.jpg

And got the 20" tires on their respective rims

IMG_20200617_000750575~2.jpg

And got the sissy bar chopped to size and two coats of paint on it. No pics of that though :(

Great chainring for that bike! I like the green wheel accents too.
Great taste in music too!

Project name change alert........

No actual bike work though

6 hour road trip today and then 3 hours of Ikea torture getting our refreshed home office makeover set up. I've been working remotely for almost 2 years, but it's probably the new norm for Mrs Awesome so we made a combo office we can share. It needed some freshening

Some work. Frame is in coat 2 of clear, misc parts in clear as well. Started painting springer parts

But, I managed to get the first steps of the handlebars knocked out. Got the stem insert center bored and then welded to what will be the bottom cross bar.

Resized952020062495103723.jpg
Resized_20200625_090217.jpg
Resized_20200625_090338.jpg

I don't have my own welder anymore. One of the many items that got sacrificed when we thinned out junk and moved cross country years ago. So it takes me some time and effort to coordinate getting things like this done. It will probably take me another 3 or 4 visits just to get the bars done since I get EXTREMELY limited shop time

As things progress you should hopefully see the vision

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back