Silver Serpent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy All,
Harlan Whitman from S.I.N. Cycles here. I'm excited to see an Anything Goes category as I rarely fit into a category or genre. Should be a super rad build off.

My build is the.

It will be a breed of Tricycle know as a Drift Trike.

I will be upcycling some aluminum from an old project that has recently become scrap. Plenty familiar working with aluminum, but it will be my first bike built from the material. Will also be bringing some brass and copper into the mix some how. I'm thinking the only paint will be on the spokes. Everything else stays raw.

The idea is lightweight and slithery. Lets see how it goes...

Nice, I too are building a drift trike. I'm stuck on finding the right rear wheels for it. Kart wheels and spindles are the way to go, only if I can find them with out spending a pile of dough.

Researching the drift thing, not knocking your front wheel drive for climbing the hills and what not. I'm kinda afraid of the spinning crank taking off a foot or something. I'm planing of a hanger for my feet to rest on and not the bmx pegs up front.

Sorry to hijack the build at all. Build on Mr Sin.

OK so the scrap aluminum is taking form!

I also got my aluminum for the head tube in. Had to order a foot of that for the thicker wall. I machined that this morning and is ready to go. I might tap some holes to mount the Badge not sure yet.

Sinner4 would be cool to see more Trikes! So much fun. As for the front hub it will freewheel. Keep your feet on at all times. This bike really has a big inspiration to showcase the new hub we have been developing. We have in the past used Huffy Green Machine wheels. Then Huffy found out and will not sell us anymore. They also now only produce 24spoke front wheels to keep drifters from using them. Must have been a liability thing. You can find rear wheels and sleeves at http://www.sin-cycles.com your right though they are not cheap.

Thanks all,

Beautiful machine work!!!

Latest posts

Back