Silver Moon Velo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool!

I was visiting my nephew a couple of nights back.

"what would be really cool was a bike with side by side seats and a body"

Showed him Silver Moon Velo and he just about fell off his chair.

I'm sure that what you have done will inspire him that crazy ideas are not always impossible.
And crazy ideas are what has gotten us here today.

Especially when they are deliverd with such style as you have.

Kroozerdave said:
I was visiting my nephew a couple of nights back.

"what would be really cool was a bike with side by side seats and a body"

Showed him Silver Moon Velo and he just about fell off his chair.

I'm sure that what you have done will inspire him that crazy ideas are not always impossible.
And crazy ideas are what has gotten us here today.

Especially when they are deliverd with such style as you have.
Well,that was one of my goals--to inspire others along these lines. I'm sure others will do better and improve on the design. Be sure to also show him the cresent racer under "builds" And have him also do a search for Cycle Karting for lots of ideas.

up-date for July1 2013
one step back--two steps forward
At the show Sat after several trial runs and some kiddy rides at the show the axel keys came loose, fell out and let the axel spin. So after a lot of studying and coffee, I knew the only thing to do was pull the axels and make some sort of Keeper to hold the axel to the differential gear. SOooooo to day I set up the drill press/ flipped the car over/ and pulled the axels. Drilled the ends/ then tapped the hole for a 1/4" bolt. Re-installed the axels/ fit the axel keys back in. then put the bolts and washer in the end to hold the axel---all this had to be done inside the differential with only a small 2" hole.---next project I/m building a replica of the titanic in a coke bottle!
Well it's all back together now.

complete both axels

frameteam2003 said:
thinking of polishing the bare alum---airstream style.

Aluminum can polish up pretty nicely.
I polished my light brackets last year on Flexy.
WP_002368.jpg

junknutz1975 said:
Looks like a BLAST to drive!

Sick! 8)
It is. It's a bit slow--but than again so am I. And I do have it in the lowest gears I have, the rear has a 6 speed block to give me some range of gears but I used a mountain bike triple gear ring on the jack shaft which I can change by hand(didn't want to try and install another derailler). So maybe as we get use to pedaling this velo we can jump up a gear.
When the build off started I had hope of maybe getting it to a point where it could be ridden---just to call it finished---but with 30 days left I'm thankin maybe a few more do-dads added to it like lights and such.

up-date july 7 2013
Been working on a conv top for the velo
still need to figure some type of latches between the top and the windshield frame?

Up-date July 14th 2013
Got to get my head back in the game--3 weeks to finish. Final order of parts for brakes has shipped. So today I picked up some of the small but time consuming jobs that has to be done. Cut the hole for the trunk , added head lights , and added some tabs to the windshield frame to attach the top to. I also primed and painted the (WS) frame. and started on converting the headlights to LEDs

Latest posts

Back