Silver "Kween"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is she dead set on the black and water melon? if not you might want to get some cast iron or aluminum dupicolor (for the engines and headers)paint and and do them back with the silver color as pins(just thinking out loud....... :| )

sensor said:
is she dead set on the black and water melon? if not you might want to get some cast iron or aluminum dupicolor (for the engines and headers)paint and and do them back with the silver color as pins(just thinking out loud....... :| )

My wife is to sweet, I could paint it baby "crap" brown, with a 4 in. brush. She'd say "that looks nice"......I'll check out the paint,....sounds like a good idea. 8) Fork and fender are actually a metallic grey now.

aka_locojoe said:
I like it. Maybe just another accent or two with the watermelon somewhere.

Thanks! If I keep the WATERMELON. I'll do the steel pedals in that color! If I don't like em, you'll see watermelon pedals on ebay! :lol:

KOTA said:
My wife is to sweet, I could paint it baby "crap" brown, with a 4 in. brush. She'd say "that looks nice"......I'll check out the paint,....sounds like a good idea. 8) fork and fender are actually a metallic grey now.
good call and great woman :mrgreen:
mine would say it looks like ....

Hey Kota, would you say that your in a "Pickle" on the paint? :lol:

Wow?.....If your looking for ideas may be some silver metal flake to match the seat with some pink oops!....Watermelon pinstripes? Like Sensor..just thinking out loud.

Can't wait to see what you end up doing!!

nice choice on the wheels / tires, i would leave the chrome with the white tires, that combo looks good with that frame too, but its your wifes bike so whatever she would like is probly best :mrgreen: . as for the watermelon/black colors they look cool. i like the watermelon pedals idea. good luck finding fuzzy "watermelon" dice to hang from the apes tho :wink:

Time for a LITTLE change!..........These are OUT! ..I'm beginning to realize that I don't really like fenders. PhantomBantam (kids build off) I put fenders on, for about an HOUR, then took em off. This bike, put fenders on (there is a bobbed front fender I didn't show) now they're gone! Bars, don't like either, they're out! After all this time, I got a CLEAN frame with white tires. Good thing I'm not getting PAID, I'd be fired. .............Boneshaker says "I love my bike",... I'm thinking about throwing mine under a bus. :x
001-14.jpg

This is IT!......The "King" of apes, on the "Kween"! This bike makes me smile :D . After a couple of beers, it makes me laugh :lol: . What more could ya ask for!....Gonna take locojoe's suggestion and paint the accesories "waaatermeeelon",forks, bar extentions, head tube hardware, pedals and chain tensioners. I found that the best idea came from sensor........K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid). My wife's expression :shock: , until she sat on it, then :lol: , and she don't even drink!.........Next week pics of the finished bike. :roll:
001-15.jpg

002-12.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

Markm said:
Cool! 8) 8)
what did you end up doing with the seat post situation?

This is the way it will look. Still have work to do this week (or next). Have to finish fabricating seat post, had to find one that "fit". Just have to cut angle for wedge (thanks sensor for the idea). Also have to modify a kickstand, pics of both mods will be included.

KOTA said:
This is IT!......The "King" of apes, on the "Kween"! This bike makes me smile :D . After a couple of beers, it makes me laugh :lol: .

Makes me smile too. The paint will look good on those parts.

JoeyMac said:
definitely diggin the look. Are the bar extensions for her to be able to ride more easily or something?

The bars are from a long wheel base recumbent I made a few years back. I had the extensions on them just to change hand positions occasionally. Those are 25inch bars :roll: , oddly enough I think they'll work well on this bike. The LWB recumbent had to have them slanted way, way down, making it a "handful" to ride (tiller effect). I switched the 13in bars to the LWB, it changed the riding position so much, that it's a BLAST to ride now. I'm reconfiguring that bike now. Joey,I'm gonna bring both of these bikes to Hartford in August, feel free to try them both!

Kota, that is sic. yep, Black Wicked will bow to her. thats the way it should look. now her done

Outlaw 8)

I really like those old aluminium frames. Nice job man. IT's basic. It's perfect. Sometimes adding too much can detract from the perfectnicity of it. Can't wait to see it finished. Oh by the way I have one of those self-binding seatposts in my Cheapliner that I picked up at a swapmeet for chump change. Works great.

I can't believe there's only a couple of weeks left! Not that it's a lot of work, it's just finding the TIME!....Here's what I did today. Made a seat post, painted a headlight, made a bracket for a rear tail light. Earlier in the week I re-painted the forks and the bar extensions. Just gotta modify a kick stand mount, put her together, and she's DONE!
002-13.jpg

Had to cut an angle for the wedge, came out a little "rough". But it works fine
004-7.jpg

Before and after shots. Could be better, but it's okay.
005-4.jpg
007-1.jpg

This will tuck under the nanner, attaches to the bolts that go threw the seat.
011-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back