SIL's BDay Present: Que Sera Sera, Done and Delivered

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I'm in and kinda late to the party. This is going to be a relatively quick refresh. I'm goingtobe crazy busy now with school http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/big-change-bike-commuter-again.92362/#post-910777

So this is actually the first older bike I started working on. I've had it for at least 9 years and got it from somebody who pulled it from a metal recycling bin (traded 2 cheap 700 tires for it ;)). I rode it like this but with the bars flipped. Then my wife wanted to ride it so she made some spoke cards (it was more her size anyway). And yes, I eventually got the fork straightened (last year LOL)
IMG_3524.jpg

Then she wanted ape hangers and red walls so I set it up like this. We had her sister ride it a few years ago to the Minneapolis Messaround and she loved it. In this picture she was squealing like a 9 year old, "Look! I'm riding!" LOL!! That's what I love about bikes.
SIL%20on%20WF%202008.jpg

So my SIL is driving here from Oregon for her Bday in July. That's my target to have it done for her by then. I got the pink wheels with white spokes, my wife's red wall tires, and it's going to be white with some kinda red/pink accents. I'd love to put fenders on it but don't no if I have enough time. We'll see... Pile of parts (did get the frame sand blasted done so some movement)
IMG_1683.jpg

Anybody got name suggestions? (SILLY something... or maybe not)

Good to be part of the mayhem again. Lots of cool bikes and great ideas out there.

Thanks for looking
Steve

Cool bike , great idea for a build & birthday present I'm sure she is going to be so surprised and excited. I just gave my daughter a vintage bike for her birthday she loved it . Love the seat that's sweet . So a name not sure why but this just popped into my head maybe because of the colors ( the humming bird ) colorful quick, & always put a smile on your face , kinda like biking .... [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everybody!:):)
I'm going to try and keep my posts shorter (yeah, right)

Yeah, building bikes for other people are the best and they do start a long addiction-perfect;)

Talked with my wife last night and got some more ideas. She gave me a cool bell to put on the bike so the color scheme is evolving with maybe some light turquoise. There seems to be a common color combo that wants to come through but I know enough not to get too complicated
Color%20scheme.jpg

BTW, the frame is a twin top tube (my favorite) Western Auto Stores bike (probably Murray built in the mid 60s) I took off the headbadge before I sand blasted but it's in rough shape.

Part of my inspiration is a bike I saw in Portland a few years back. The white looked so clean and cool. Thanks to who ever had this nice bike.
IMG_0785II.jpg

I'm thinking about white frame/fork, red and pink pinstripes (automotive tape ones) and some turquoise doo dads.
Oh and by the way, my wife says the ape hangers have to stay, LOL, no problem...

Now I have to GTB (ha, ha Jake)
Thanks for looking
Steve

Always great to see and read your posts.
Love the story, the parts, and the colors.
How about "Cotton Candy"

That seat is kinda like a school skirt. Bob the fender and call it "Bobber Sox"

I second that you've always had neat builds.
Kenny

Latest posts

Back