Sidebolt

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Logo_Sidebolt.png

Here is the 'finished' Sidebolt.

Sidebolt.jpg

I haven't been able to get better photos yet but might be able to before the finish… just wanted to get this up in case I can't.

WBO 2017 Build Thread - http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/sidebolt-wbo-2017.101594/

Original Build Thread - http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/sidebolt.91986/

I found a rental property to move to so I'll be busy shifting over the next week, but should be all moved in by the end of March to watch all the other entries roll in at the deadline.

Good luck everyone.

:)

Agreed ^ ! It has a very tied together look with the blue paint, well-placed components, balance in the build....well done Glen! Good luck with the move, hope there is room for at least a couple of your 'creations'....;):thumbsup:

Wow that came out amazing!!

Thanks Chad. I'm really pleased with it. :nod:

Agreed ^ ! It has a very tied together look with the blue paint, well-placed components, balance in the build....well done Glen! Good luck with the move, hope there is room for at least a couple of your 'creations'....;):thumbsup:

Thanks, I agree that it looks nice and cohesive in the end. This is the only 'bike' I have left and a member of the local Hot Rod club that I was a member of for a while might be coming to look at it with a view to buying (hopefully). The new place has a garage so I'll have to start fresh. Hopefully I'll be allowed to do a bit of welding there. Otherwise it'll just be bolt together stuff like I always did in the past.

What an awesome beast! :41::rockout:

Thanks, yeah it is somewhat 'beastie' looking.

I'd ride that.

Downhill. :crazy: :grin:

Yeah, going downhill should be ok as long as control can be maintained with one hand on the handlebar and one on the brake lever... it's getting the heavy beast back up that will kill you. o_O

E=MC2 personified

I'm relatively sure that's an equation :wondering:

I don't like equations :shake:

I'm sure some smarty pants will come up with an equation that represents the force of gravity acting upon a heavy wheeled mass on a gradient of a particular degree of inclination.

Boooriiing :rolleyes:

That looks like a monster truck!
220b98836a731fa5d934e16a40e1b795.jpg

Great work! Well done!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, yes... very big. I will not be replicating that o_O

Perhaps I should go in a different direction for build off 12.

The 12 inch wheelbase :39:

clown-bike.jpg

:rolleyes:

I'm relatively sure that's an equation :wondering:

I don't like equations :shake:

I'm sure some smarty pants will come up with an equation that represents the force of gravity acting upon a heavy wheeled mass on a gradient of a particular degree of inclination.

Boooriiing :rolleyes:
Someone might, but I'm thinking the Energy needed to move that Mass is definitely going to have to be Constant2

What a beast I hope you get a chance to take some more pictures. With the right back drop that bike will really pop.
Moving shouldn't be a problem just put the house on your back & ride off with it on the Side Bolt
[emoji298]️️Killer machine [emoji298]️️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad to see this one done!
Brilliant idea and execution.
Those wheels are insane!
Congrats and good luck with the move too my friend!

Latest posts

Back