SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of a back story. When I got the frame the headset had the wrong tabbed washer and the nut was missing. Cheap enough so I ordered a new one. When Shawn saw that he sent the new headset but refunded my money. A real stand up thing to do. And I really appreciate it.
While I was waiting for the new headset I took it as a challenge to make a nut out of a piece of bronze I had. I also made a seat post clamp and some thick washers for the rear axle. I made new rear axle lock nuts that go on the inside of the frame that are the same thickness as the original but 1" across the flats for more bearing surface. 20 miles today. Greg.
DSCN0794.JPG
DSCN0793.JPG
DSCN0795.JPG
DSCN0783.JPG

DSCN0796.JPG
DSCN0797.JPG
I'm sorry, It's Steve, not Shawn.
While I'm here, the rims are Velocity Blunt 35s.
Surly ultra new front hub. The ubiquitous Shimano cb-e110 coaster hub.
Run of the mill one piece crank with Neptune sand dollar spider and Sugino chainring. Origin 8 tourist bars (really nice).
Greg.

Last edited:
Anyone ever easily mod one of these to take a 3'' tire? I bought an INB from Chuck a long time ago and would love to fit it with some chunky wheels and tires.

Latest posts

Back