SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21096733428_5fc9de3304_h.jpg

Just picked this up, Schwinn modo-

Here is my old school Klunk. Before you tell me this doesn't fit into your definition of a Klunker I should tell you the story behind it. In the early 80's the owner of Maxon's Cyclery in Eagle River, Wisconsin bought this bike. He rode it once and decided it was too hard to steer and the saddle was uncomfortable. He had a parade coming up and wanted to make it "more ridable" so he swapped out the bars, stem and seat with BMX parts (he was big into the BMX scene at the time). He liked the way it rode much better and threw away the moustache bars and leather saddle. From that time on the bike sat in his window in the winter and out front in the summer with the occasional ride when someone would prove worthy. Fast forward to about 10 -15 years ago when he retired from the bike business and sold his shop. He only kept a handful of bikes and put them in storage. Last month he decided to clean out his storage unit and the bike finally changed hands. MY HANDS! I do have the other half of the sign that says "Maxon's".

Here is my old school Klunk. Before you tell me this doesn't fit into your definition of a Klunker I should tell you the story behind it. In the early 80's the owner of Maxon's Cyclery in Eagle River, Wisconsin bought this bike. He rode it once and decided it was too hard to steer and the saddle was uncomfortable. He had a parade coming up and wanted to make it "more ridable" so he swapped out the bars, stem and seat with BMX parts (he was big into the BMX scene at the time). He liked the way it rode much better and threw away the moustache bars and leather saddle. From that time on the bike sat in his window in the winter and out front in the summer with the occasional ride when someone would prove worthy. Fast forward to about 10 -15 years ago when he retired from the bike business and sold his shop. He only kept a handful of bikes and put them in storage. Last month he decided to clean out his storage unit and the bike finally changed hands. MY HANDS! I do have the other half of the sign that says "Maxon's".

But do you ride it offroad? :39:

Luke. :wink1:

I think this guy has more fun than most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For many years my personal philosophy was "Is it going to be fun? If so, I'll do it". Now that I am a little older I have toned my willingness to have fun down a bit but I still try.
@Georgeediii Is it as fun as it looks?
If you cant find video of people klunking on high wheelers, check out the "bike theives" video trending. I'm sure it's a very simular show.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
This bike is as fun as it looks and but it is also VERY SCARY. It is essentially a fixie with no hand brakes and no putting your feet down. I don't recommend it in high traffic areas, especially since about every 3rd car slows way down to get a look making the traffic flow very unpredictable.

Even though I posted this in the Ind-Chuckz thread, I hope it's okay to post here too, since I think it fits here.

Hey Joe,

Pinoy ako.

Schwinn Boy,

I did my undergrad at NAU. Flagstaff is an awesome place to live and ride, especially in the summer.

The paint was more time consuming and challenging than anticipated, I guess. The trim still needs some work but it's still pretty cool. You likely can't tell, but the design was expected to be ichthys. I may add four in descending size to the chain guard to represent my family.

I guess this would be considered a klunker/bomber/standie.
12278683_10153790454482028_2805803731397590207_n.jpg

12107739_10153790454657028_2063099074123929880_n.jpg

12301736_10153790454737028_7349295682384355799_n.jpg

Frame: Schwinn Heavy Duti via Ind-Chuckz
Fork: Unknown cast bladed fork
Trusses: Schwinn repop
Saddle: Gyes sprung
Seatpost: Unknown fluted
Pedals: XLC Bear Trap red ano
Cranks: Haro chromoly 3 piece
Handlebars: Banshee chrome V-bars
Chainring: Chop Saw I
Chain: Unbranded chrome & red ano
Spider: Neptune 5-bolt red ano
Grips: Fuan Oakley-3 style
Stem: 80's Mongoose mountain bike
Wheels: Velosteel 26" coaster brake
Light: Unknown LED

Even though I posted this in the Ind-Chuckz thread, I hope it's okay to post here too, since I think it fits here.

Hey Joe,

Pinoy ako.

Schwinn Boy,

I did my undergrad at NAU. Flagstaff is an awesome place to live and ride, especially in the summer.

The paint was more time consuming and challenging than anticipated, I guess. The trim still needs some work but it's still pretty cool. You likely can't tell, but the design was expected to be ichthys. I may add four in descending size to the chain guard to represent my family.

I guess this would be considered a klunker/bomber/standie.
12278683_10153790454482028_2805803731397590207_n.jpg

12107739_10153790454657028_2063099074123929880_n.jpg

12301736_10153790454737028_7349295682384355799_n.jpg

Frame: Schwinn Heavy Duti via Ind-Chuckz
Fork: Unknown cast bladed fork
Trusses: Schwinn repop
Saddle: Gyes sprung
Seatpost: Unknown fluted
Pedals: XLC Bear Trap red ano
Cranks: Haro chromoly 3 piece
Handlebars: Banshee chrome V-bars
Chainring: Chop Saw I