SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0588.JPG

In the process of changing my Electra from a cruiser to a Klunker... plan is to use it on rail trails and other dirt/ gravel paths when I pull my daughter in her trailer. The Big Ripper is great for the concrete trailer pulling, but wanted something different for the rougher stuff. Tires on the way... then I'll attach the 3-speed shifter.
IMG_4115.JPG
IMG_4138.JPG
IMG_4142.JPG

In the process of changing my Electra from a cruiser to a Klunker... plan is to use it on rail trails and other dirt/ gravel paths when I pull my daughter in her trailer. The Big Ripper is great for the concrete trailer pulling, but wanted something different for the rougher stuff. Tires on the way... then I'll attach the 3-speed shifter. View attachment 58655View attachment 58656View attachment 58657

I like this WAY more than I thought I would! I never pictured that frame as a Klunker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch!!! Hopefully you didn't get hurt. surprised it broke there unless you were catching some serious air or you hit something. The canti frames typically break where the two canti tubes are welded to the top tide/ seat tube or where they are welded at the down tube.

I guess like all breaks it had been cracked for some time. Snapped while climbing. Heard a loud pop and figured well, that's not good. I had just done a single speed race on this rig so I'm lucky.. anyway I'll fix it soon enough...

Latest posts

Back