Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 1961 J.C. Higgins Flightliner. A local (Chicago area) Craigslist find.

P8110222a.JPG

P8110223a.JPG

P8110228a.JPG

mastronaut said:
WOW! That bike is beautiful, did you get it like that or did you have to do some work to make it that nice? 8)

The bike was a local Craigslist find. It was complete, as pictured. These pictures show it after quite a few hours of cleaning and polishing. I overhauled all the mechanical parts and stripped it down to the bare frame, cleaning it thoroughly as I reassembled. I believe the tires are the original Allstate wide whites, though I have no way to be sure.

I've posted this bike before, but have made some changes to it. I like it better as it is now! Changed stem, seat & bars, added the original chainguard & made a new seatpost for it out of an old crank. Changed the headlight position. I love this bike!

jchiggins-1.jpg

Has anyone seen a JC Higgins Flightliner converted to a trike?

Gerry that would be sweet! Any luck with the Etrike?

56/57 Jetflow still gathering parts so hopefull one day I'll put it back stock. Until then ride on Ratrod Higgins.
Kenny
img_2613.jpg

img_2580.jpg

img_2649.jpg

img_2698.jpg

XC204 said:
Gerry that would be sweet! Any luck with the Etrike?
Building manager says she is "still looking at the cameras" so I don't know how long it'll take. Nothing from the authorities tho :cry: :cry:

I have a lead on an old trike rear end in Rockford but can't find time to drive out there. I was thinking of converting my Flightliner.

318563_10150443342341197_940748618_n.jpg

I picked up this 1953 24" Higgins, it needed a seat and i put a set of Duro reds. Sulley

001-20.jpg

003-5.jpg

It is cleaned up :oops: :oops: :oops: Sulley :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

8) 8) 8) 8) Sulley :mrgreen:

Here are a couple of mine I just finished last week. My 1962 Flightliner and my wifes 1960 Flightliner, rode them yesterday at the Tour De Fat in Fort Collins, Colorado. Really fun time. Leo
011-3.jpg

Latest posts

Back