Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Hooch, everyone should have a bike hauler. This is mine loaded up to go to the FYDO cruise a month ago...Kelly
img0511th4.jpg

This is my (was) 1966 Chevelle Malibu. My Dad gave it to me When I was 16 years old. At that time it was primer gray and had many body panels off a SS Chevelle, and the interior was down to the springs. Before I received it my dad backed a tractor into the drivers side door and quarter panel. It had the passenger side door smashed in when my sister went to get milk at a local dairy. Also it was totaled once when she was rear ended by her best friend. The insurance company gave the car back to my dad. So when I got it it had a front clip, both doors, trunk lid, rear drivers side quarter panel, both bumpers off a 1966 SS Chevelle, and with 220,000 miles on it. After I received it we did the body work on it the best we could and repainted it. Rebuilt the motor and trans, and had the interior redone. I think we did a pretty good job rebuilding it :mrgreen:

These pics are 25 years later at the new owners house. Just sold it a couple of weeks ago :cry: Although it looks good in the pics, it does need to be rebuilt again and I do not have the money to it right.

1966Chevelle0023.jpg

1966Chevelle0032.jpg

1966Chevelle0053.jpg

1966Chevelle0082.jpg

This is my daily driver now.
75StepSide42.jpg
75StepSide0102.jpg

in the early 70s my parents bought a used 1969 SAAB 99 bosch fuel injection 4 wheel disk brakes rear heat.that thing would go thru snow like nothing I have seen four wheel drive trucks included. the black paint was better than any other factory paint I have ever seen. It was an incredible car
the transmission failed in it and parts here were scarce since there were only like 10 others in the state of Iowa when my parents bought it.
I have always wanted to find another for myself but havent seen one that early or nice
Jeff

He talked about sub-framing it with a Volare or Camaro front end for a while, putting some big Mopar motor in, but decided to stick to the flathead 6 rather than spend a lot of money on it.

The backyard purple flame job is being slowly sanded off and will be replaced with....flat black. White roof. Red steel wheels. Shocking huh?

I'm digging the orange Volvo, Skoda! Had a Volvo 144 (the type before this one). You see quite a few of them around, here.
Hooch, I talked to a guy the other day with a totally new looking Saab 99! That was awesome! We have a few garages (?) around here that specialize in old Saabs and Volvo's. (If a car is over 25 years old, you don't have to pay 'road-tax').
My current 900:
441201482_d3255c7018.jpg

5679.jpg

6546.jpg

My 1970 142 that I sold and the new owner got plowed by an suv. Saw it for sale on line for $1000 the other day, ad said that if he didn't get any offers (which he wont) he was going to have a "sawsall party" on it.

I may fly to North Carolina just to take his sawsall and stomp on it. :x

Grrrrr.

I've had a couple 900 turbos, they're a blast to drive, but get cheap tires and they'll about torque steer you right off the road!

Latest posts

Back