Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't have a lot of pictures of my cars from the past, there have been MANY! I'm 78 and got my first car when I was 15. Started restoring old stuff in the 60's. Here's one that took me a few years to do..
IMG_0020.jpg
IMG_0021.jpg

Do you know what it is? Make, model?

I'm going to guess '46 Hudson Super 6.

Excellent...only off by 1 year. It's a '47. Only way to tell the difference is the lower hood ornament and the trunk ornament and of course the serial number.

Excellent...only off by 1 year. It's a '47. Only way to tell the difference is the lower hood ornament and the trunk ornament and of course the serial number.

It was a 50/50 for me on the year and I was a little unsure of model, but it looks like it had less trim than the Commodore, so I went with the Super 6. I'll admit for the last bit, I cheated by looking at pictures.

Not an easy car to guess. When I was trailering it across country (open trailer) in the days of CB radios, most on air guesses were Buick.
Thanks for playing along.

I have a couple Avenger GT12s. And if you look in the background you'll see my two dune buggy projects, one of my daily drivers a 1954 Ford Customline and way in the back is a '51 Studebaker. (One of three Studes)
20191008_102733_HDR.jpg

That is a real cool looking Avenger...we have an old Fiberfab building somewhat local, always wondered if it was somehow connected to the kit car manufacturer, Fiberfab. The local one makes, or made, bathtub stalls...probably not related, though they both used fiberglass to make their products :grin:.

My grandfather used to speak fondly about the Hudson/Essex Terraplane. I'm going with that, too.

Latest posts

Back