show us your BEER BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
82051_c2c30c8575cce29271deab819f763e4f.jpeg

That thing is rad
Thanks, man! It's rocking drop bars for a bit now. I'll snap a pic of the current build the next time it's taken out for a spin.

I have a frameset in the works right now that is being adorned with Left Hand's "Wake Up Dead" Imperial Stout labels. Now that the weather here in CO is improving, clearcoating is up next.

Those swingarms are very similar. I had thought the back end was the Mountain Cycle. I'd wager a lot of both the Super V and San Andreas frames are hanging in garages, retired and/or broken. Full Suspension was so dodgy back then.
Dodgy compared to today, but SO GREAT when it finally happened. I adopted full suspension back then and have never looked back!

Today's FS bikes can be dodgy in their own way. The shop I work at is known for having one of the most notorious weekly shop rides in the state. Usually first-timers are never seen again, not due to any attitude, pace, or mileage, but due to the nature of the trails frequented. I've witnessed more broken carbon fiber than I'd care to ever see again. The regulars almost all ride aluminum, or steel on tried and true designs from reputable and/or boutique frame builders.

I have only one FS MTB, the rest are no suspension at all. Well designed and hand-built in the USA. I've killed a bit of the componentry since 2005, but that frame is a beast. I do love proper suspension sometimes...
aggro.jpg

Latest posts

Back